Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Advise on using buddypress as a key component in larger information sharing website

• I am planning to develop a collaborative information management website (based on codeignitor framework and dojo for client side interface) which would primarily include an ajax based interface for creating and managing notes/annotations and auxiliary pages for enabling the users to interact with themselves and collaboratively share messages and notes. I was impressed by the social networking features offered by buddypress. However i would like to know if it would be possible to extend the authentication system in buddypress to suite my needs.
    Are there any resources available that could help me for enabling persistent sessions throughout my site (not entirely built on wordpress) and harness the community features of buddypress ?
    Although i do have prior exprience with server side programming with python and ruby, I am new to wordpress and php in general. However I am familiar with the fundamental aspects of the language.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• The topic ‘Advise on using buddypress as a key component in larger information sharing website’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar