Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Webspace or Server

Participant

@0815t

Hello,
    i have buddypress and 40 plugins running. the side is very, very slow. there are not more than 20 users at the same time online and maybe 50 users a day. i want to get the side becomes high speed. my question:
    should i change to a webserver (root, vserver, managed server) or a better webspace?
    some plugins need some configurations like buddystream. and i dont want to migrate every moth if more users visit the side. i hope you can tell me what i should do maybe with the url of a good server or webspace (if possible germany).
    thank you and sorry for my bad english!!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sounds like poor server config or just crowded shared hosting , you can optomise WP/BP but you aren’t really stretching it with those sorts of figures for activity.

If you can run to a VPS all the better then you can configure that to suit you and your site and have all it’s resources available.

Participant

@0815t

which provider and package did you prefer?

Participant

@0815t

are thats all answeres?

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

0815, you want your site to run faster? From my understanding?

“i have buddypress and 40 plugins running”

40!! really?That can slow your site..

why do you need 40 plugins?

I have two on my site and one of them is BP.

WordPress creates pages on the fly. This means the pages don’t actually exist on the server; they’re created when someone requests a page by clicking on a link on a WordPress powered blog or website. The standard version of WordPress queries the database a number of times to create a page. If there are lots of plugins installed that also have to query the database and output results, this adds additional strain on the servers ability to deliver pages quickly, and therefore decreases the speed a page can load.

read more : http://mydigitalinternet.com/2010/too-many-wordpress-plugins-can-slow-down-your-blog/

Participant

@0815t

i have 27 plugins running but i the future i need more.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Webspace or Server’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar