Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Default 3 Column Theme

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

Created a 3 column theme. Didn’t really test it on all browsers. Will do so when I get a chance but you can download it here http://bit.ly/aW9L7G

Test it here http://bit.ly/cRErtW

Also if you use 3rd party plugins that create their own theme pages like BP Album you will need to add the link to the leftSidebar template.

Enjoy!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• 3sixty
    Participant

@3sixty

brilliant!

DESIGNERS: fixed width rules.

thanks for doing this!

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@Modemlooper

Strange… I downloaded, installed and activated the theme as-is (child of bp-default). No left sidebar visible anywhere. The space for it is visible, but it appears to the right of content.padder div. The new sidebar area is available in wp-dashboard under Appearance > Widgets but, any widget dropped in doesn’t show on site.

Any ideas?

:-(

modemlooper

@modemlooper

No clue, test site is basic BP with this exact theme as a child.

Testing now and thanks for the design :-)

It looks like it is narrower than the 2 column design – how can I make it the same width please..

Thanks

Gibby

modemlooper

@modemlooper

The default size is fluid so there really is no default width. I’ve chosen a width that is considered optimal for various browsers. You can always change the CSS yourself and make it wider.

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply

I changed the width to 1250 in custom css but the centre is now too narrow

How to do that please so it fits between the 2 columns – do you know of any issues with this theme ?

oh – and do you have your own support website – I would like to join :-)

Thanks

Gibby

Hi

I have noticed that the left column top widget has a white box above it – this sticks out over the rounded corner and makes it look square….

Thanks

Gibby

when replying to post ( keep clicking the reply ) the replies stair to the right and keep going until the post box is too small to write in

It should return back to the left after 2 or 3 posts or not stair at all

Could you have a look

Thanks

Gibby

shamus
    Participant

@shamus

Having the same problem as Gibby. Any help?

Hi – first I have to say that this theme is GREAT and really works and looks fab… great job.

I have tried and failed several times – I am trying to make the body 90% and then the container between the left and right side bars fit perfectly between.

Does anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks

Gibby

modemlooper

@modemlooper

whenever you make the container size wider you may need to adjust the columns to. Use firebug firefox extension and you can see the code. You can even change things with firebug with out actually changing the site code.

firebug is really something you should learn to use if you want to edit a theme and have little experience.

Thanks
    I will give it a go

Nicolò
    Participant

@nickts

Hi there.

I use your theme for my SN (psybook.it) and I’m wondering what value (and what file) I have to edit to set every text to black. In particular I’m talking about the text of the Activities and Members tabs, whose color is a very light grey, hard to read in my opinion.

Thank you very much,

Nicolò

Nicolò
    Participant

@nickts

I also discovered that your theme doesn’t apply the changing concerning user roles and capability. Everytime I have to change a role I must switch to default bp theme, make the change and them switch back to 3 columns.

This is exactly the theme I was looking for and I want to use it for a new site I am developing at http://virtualcrowds.org/ which is currently running on WP3 RC2. The problem I am having is that, on a couple of pages, it looses the left hand column. Can you tell me how to fix this? For example, if I cick on a tag at the foot of a post or in the tag cloud, to search for similar articles, I get a page with “You are browsing the archive for *tag* but no left hand column. Also, my Links page shows no left hand column. Can you help?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Default 3 Column Theme’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar