Categories
Search
Bottom

Facebook Connect with Buddypress

• Korhan Ekinci
    Participant

@korhanekinci

Hi,

Isn’t there a plugin yet for the latest BP and WP for users to loging (register) through Facebook connect?

I tried all the plugins out there and nothing seems to work!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Korhan Ekinci
    Participant

@korhanekinci

Thanks @r-a-y.

I tried working on this plugin and could not get it to work on my website. I get “page not found” when i try to login through fb-autoconnect. I have a single blog with activity stream only (no groups, no forums). I use “fb like” plugin and just in case disabled it and still did not work.

Justin says he is not giving support with the plugin.

Any ideas?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Can you try using the bp-default theme with the WP-FB-AutoConnect plugin and see if you have the same problem?
    Also what page is it attempting to redirect to?

Korhan Ekinci
    Participant

@korhanekinci

Actually, i do use the bp default theme.

It directs to:
    /wp-content/plugins/wp-fb-autoconnect/_process_login.php

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

So it says page not found when you attempt to login with FB for this url – “/wp-content/plugins/wp-fb-autoconnect/_process_login.php”?

Do you have all the files for WP-FB-AutoConnect uploaded?
    Also in the plugin’s settings, there should be some options to enable an error log. Turn that on and see what it says when you attempt to login to FB.

Korhan Ekinci
    Participant

@korhanekinci

when i try to login using fb, i get “page not found” for: “/wp-content/plugins/wp-fb-autoconnect/_process_login.php”

Yes, all files of the plugin are uploaded.

I checked the box in plugin settings: “Show full log on error”
    there is nothing shown

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

I haven’t tested the plugin with WP 3.0, however some people are experiencing problems with it, but some say it’s working as well:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/415042
    http://www.justin-klein.com/projects/wp-fb-autoconnect

Korhan Ekinci
    Participant

@korhanekinci

Thanks for your help @r-a-y.

I will try to contact Justin Klein and hopefully he can help me. I will post here if something new comes up.

Korhan Ekinci
    Participant

@korhanekinci

Thanks @el_terko. It worked for the first login and never after.

When i login it through wp-facebook, it logs in and then after 3 seconds automatically logs out.

partyfrikadelle

@partyfrikadelle

Got the same “Page not found”-Login-Problem like Korhan… Any idea?

partyfrikadelle

@partyfrikadelle

it seems to be a problem, to use buddypress & a buddypress template… plugin works without buddypress and it works if buddypress is activated but no buddypress-template active…

any idea?

ds123
    Participant

@ds123

i experienced same thing with wp fb autoconnect thank you @partyfrikadelle for narrowing it down …worked great on a theme that uses buddypress template pack…but when i used it on a buddypress default child theme no luck …it worked sometimes meaning eventually it did create an account but did not transfer the user avatar image. andy peatling built a plugin facebook buddypress connect that worked with the buddypress default theme

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Connect with Buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar