Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Member Subscriptions with Paypal – WP-Member plugin? Alternatives?

Inactive

Hey Folks,

I’m setting up a site with WordPress MU and BuddyPress but I’m looking to set up member subscriptions, with an initial free month – then allowing users to purchase a months/3months/annually/whatever subscriptions.

Have been looking at WP-Member (wp-member.com) that looks really good, just wondered if anyone had experience of using the plugin with BuddyPress – I want to make sure it’ll do the job before I go ahead and buy it.

Also, if there were any cheaper options (free?) that anyone might suggest from experience? Would be much appreciated :) features don’t need to be as rich as WP Member, as long as I can hook it into a payment system such as paypal and have the option to introduce a free months trial, I’m happy :) the cheaper the better!

Thanks in advance guys,

AJ

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

You have the Supporter plugin from WPMUPremium:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter

That looks like a really good alternative.. I don’t think there are free solutions out there for introducing a service on your site which is meant to make money haha ;-)

duelingpianoschool

@duelingpianoschool

I am using buddypress with wp-member. It works, except buddypress lets you input a password upon registration, but wp-member generates a pw. Anyone know how to fix this? I’d like to make it so my clients can log in with the pw buddypress allows them to choose rather than check their email. Or can I remove the pw option from buddypress?

We purchased the basic wp-member plugin to test it out. We have found the process very frustrating.
    We have given up and will be requesting a refund.

We are about to try http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter/
    This plugin actually looks way better and the docs are far more helpful.

Re: wp-member
    No support or docs for buddypress – they refuse to help unless you purchase support tokens.
    Not open source – the plugin is encrypted and requires ioncube installed on your host.
    No information is give on how the plugin works with the database so trying to add functions has proved practically impossible and basically not worth the trouble or expense.

Save yourself the trouble and avoid wp-member

We purchased the basic wp-member plugin to test it out. We have found the process very frustrating.
    We have given up and will be requesting a refund.

Re: wp-member
    No support or docs for buddypress – they refuse to help unless you purchase support tokens.
    Not open source – the plugin is encrypted and requires ioncube installed on your host.
    No information is give on how the plugin works with the database so trying to add functions has proved practically impossible and basically not worth the trouble or expense.

Save yourself the trouble and avoid wp-member

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Member Subscriptions with Paypal – WP-Member plugin? Alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar