Categories
Search
Bottom

Please bring back the ability to sort forums by most recently active group

• share test
    Participant

@sharetest

Can you please bring back this page: ttp://buddypress.org/community/groups/

It’s very important way to sort for active groups. Using the “Third party plugin” the way it’s organized is not at all useful because it’s not organized by most recent post or most recently active group, it’s organized by most recently updated plugin and makes it very hard to find relevant plugins that people are actually using and where there is activity in their forum. It kills conversations happening in any of these group forums, so totally slows down the community getting together to make suggestions, and find others to contribute to the plugins etc. It basically stops the conversation altogether in these plugin forums, so it would be very helpful to bring that back if possible.

This is a key part of the buddypress community.

I’m grateful that I know where to find this link now: ttp://buddypress.org/community/groups/ , but the majority of buddypress users won’t unless it’s linked on this site, so it will have the effect of killing the conversation in most groups other than the ones you have listed on the side of the site. I understand this may be a desired effect, however, I don’t think this will boad well for encouraging discussion and creation of new plugins and adoption of buddypress if there is no way to communicate easily with these many groups.

Perhaps you can just bring back the “Groups” activity stream showing most recent groups first.

Thank you for your hard work and consideration !

P.S. All that being said, I do like how the new system encourages plugin creators to update their plugins to get noticed!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Please bring back the ability to sort forums by most recently active group’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar