Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: BP FriendPress

• @shawn38,There is potential for this plugin, after tidying it up based on fullers tutorial, i can confirm it works as it should. making activity only me and friends is just toooo sweet and easy.

Good work..

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Inactive

Thanks @naijaping I am glad it works for you. I plan on adding more features in the future. I wish this functionality was built into the bp-core because I think a lot of people are a bit confused by the filtering methods trying to acquire this particular functionality. I think it is the result most people expect when say for instance they filter the activity stream for friends, they also expect to see their own updates as well. I love BuddyPress and my hats off to everyone that has worked on it @boonebgorges @johnjamesjacoby @djpaul @mercime @ray @hnla and tested it etc. I also appreciate Mr. Fullers work @nuprn1 although the code he posted had to be somewhat modified it was an excellent starting point for a plugin that finally does for the activity stream what I wish plain filtering would have done. It would have been selfish towards the community if I had kept this plugin just for myself. Its my small way of saying thanks to all the great bp developers and all the people that has helped me out in the past and maybe in the future. It works great for me and I hope it works great for many others to come as well! Cheers! :-)

bruce-s
    Participant

@3ruce

Any ideas where this plugin has gone? I can’t download it from https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-friendpress/ which is where google suggest’s it should live?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@3ruce the plugin dev removed it from the WP Repo. He still has it at http://ezwebdesign.wordpress.com/portfolio/ though I’m not sure if it stil works.

Aaron-Nall
    Participant

@aaron-nall

I will be releasing a plugin that does the same thing so I will announce it soon.

EthanVan
    Spectator

@ethanvan

I have a copy of the FriendPress plugin. Email me if you would like me to send it to you.

ethan@ethanvandal.com

drill_sgt.lewis
    Participant

@drill_sgtlewis

@aaron-nall I am interested in this as well. Do you have an ETA on plugin delivery? @ethanvan what is FriendPress and does it work? I am developing a site for veterans but I need activity to be private similar to facebook. Thanks!

EthanVan
    Spectator

@ethanvan

FriendPress has been reported to work. I tried it and was unable to make it work with my current versions of WP and BP (the newest). The author reportedly fixed it, but then he removed it from the repo before I could download his update so I’m not sure if this version I have will work with your versions or WP and BP.

My advice is wait for @aaron-nall to release his plugin.

drill_sgt.lewis
    Participant

@drill_sgtlewis

@ethanvan I will email you at the address mentioned above because I would like to see if I can fix the plugin if so I will send you a working copy. Thanks!

bruce-s
    Participant

@3ruce

@ethanvan I’ve also just emailed you for a copy – @aaron-nall – I’m looking forward to trying out your plugin too…

bruce-s
    Participant

@3ruce

@aaron-nall – where can I check to see if/when your plugin has been released?

Andres Felipe
    Participant

@naturalworldstm

If BP FriendPress does this

BP FriendPress is a BuddyPress plugin by Shawn38 that makes BuddyPress specific pages private so logged out users cannot view BP pages making more of a private community.

I think (but it hasn’t been updated for long time) https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/private-buddypress/ this could work.

Now I’m using it as it and it’s working for me.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin: BP FriendPress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar