Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Twitter for BuddyPress Poll

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

Would you rather have a dedicated login/twitter integration or use a separate twitter login such as twitconnect for the connect part and a separate app for sending receiving tweets? PLEASE SAY BELOW.

The problem currently is there are connect/login plugins and then there is something like BuddyStream which requires a user to also approve another plugin access to Twitter after they have already used a login/connect. I would rather have one login with ability to send receive tweets but many already use connect plugins.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Psyber
    Participant

@psyber

I agree, I would prefer to have one login with the ability to send/receive tweets.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

I’d rather not be forced to use my Twitter login for WP authentication. It’s nice when it’s an option, but to force it might raise privacy concerns, among other things. I would prefer to have the option at registration: use a Twitter login for authentication and get my Twitter account synced automatically, or create a standalone WP login, which can later be linked to my Twitter account if I so wish. (This has the added bonus of allowing me to associate with a different Twitter account at a later date if I want to change.)

I recently set up a site for baby pictures, and managed to give users the choice between FB login and a dedicated WP login. Maybe it’d be helpful? http://teleogistic.net/2011/07/building-a-baby-photo-site-with-wordpress/

modemlooper

@modemlooper

@Boone, I agree, you would be able to change twitter accounts after login. Current twit connects do not allow changing accounts.

The issue for users is this scenario; what if every twitter app made you login then re auth just to send tweets? I want to kill the double auth. There is no forcing of Twitter login. If you use WP login then going to your Twitter tab it would ask you to add Twitter. So you either add it at reg. or later or not at all.

I’d do separate.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

so you’d want users to have to a authenticate twice? What is the reasoning behind this? I don’t see why that would be beneficial

modemlooper

@modemlooper

bumpily bump. Need more feedback.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Twitter for BuddyPress Poll’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar