Forum Replies Created
This codex might help you. http://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/building-a-buddypress-child-theme/
Members profile templates is located in /members/single in the bp-default theme. also, css will help you list them
Their’s lots of plugins that do that. Have a look at the plugin directory.
Or; code it yourself.
http://pastebin.com/rgJ6BQc8 (thanks to David from friscotheme.com for the pastebin)
just paste the code into your bp-custom.php file and modify to your needs.
a quick google search found this – http://shabushabu.eu/reordering-buddypress-group-tabs/
Havent tested it so i take no responsibility for what happens to your site. Please test on a test install first.
Do you have Network enabled? have a look at this page – http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network
The option to allow user blogs wont show up in the buddypress settings page unless network’s is enabled.
EDIT: Also, RE: Roles – it’s the same as wordpress have a look at http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities
i dont think anyone ever took that page seriously when they noticed that @DJpaul‘s Achievement plugin supposedly ‘failed’
Slightly offtopic, but still on the topic of the codex: @johnjamesjacoby – someone mentioned to me that the codex is supposed to be a wiki and that their able to access the codex wp-admin dashboard and edit pages. but when i try i see a “You attempted to access the “BuddyPress Documentation Codex” dashboard, but you do not currently have privileges on this site”
When you have a moment, could you check what role i have and if it’s assigned properly? Might explain other bugs i’ve had (re: not being able to review plugins)
@jtny10 – from first glance at your source code, i see
1. your using the bp template pack.
2. the ‘links’ on the right are a sidebar.
You should be able to remove it (on the page linked above) by removing the sidebar template code from /members/single…. ummm… minds gone blank, cant remember if it’s called in a home.php or a index.php file.
When you say ‘alignment’ what do you mean exactly? on my chrome browser it looks aligned nicely (apart from the buddybar cutting off which can be fixed easily via css)
With the power of WordPress, It can (and has) been done.
Two ways that i can think of.
1. Use wordpress’ built in post types and create a front end post form (search the wp plugin repo) or having a look at p2theme.com’s code and using one of the hundreds of post voting plugins (search the wp plugin repo) for the voting feature (for the pending part, have a look at http://wpvote.com/ to see how they achieved it. while, it’s for articles rather than pictures it is a similar concept.)
2. Creating a custom buddypress component (see the skeleton component) and codex.buddypress.org’s pages on custom components and plugins developement.
As mentioned on their developers site – they use afew custom plugins for the features you want.
They dont seem to be available, thus, you will need to hire a developer to develop them.
EDIT: You can also look at the skeleton component if you would like to attempt to develop the plugins yourself. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-skeleton-component/
“First, i would like to thank the creator of his wonderful plugin that is free”
First, let me mention that their is no ‘creator’ – buddypress is an excellent product by the entire community. But you can read about the core team over here – http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/help-us-help-you/
As for your issue, Just to clarify: Users can register but after recieving and clicking the activation email their account does not activate, correct?
Chozen, if you need a temporary solution, you can hack this http://pastebin.com/kNqTrRzc
Here is the same code cleaned up a little without the ‘register post type’ stuff – http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/show-qa-activity-in-the-buddypress-activity-stream#post-112242
@simmonsstummer you should ask plugin-related questions in their plugin support group
also, if i wanted to only show the activity post form on the /activity my groups tab i’d use bp_is_activity_component(groups) conditional tag, right?
Is that the right conditional, or would that hide it from the single group activity stream?
@karmatosed Sounds Awesome! Cant wait
1. (not a core dev) but i think that really depends on the end quality, right? If it provides alot of value to buddypress and the community, i couldn’t see a reason it couldn’t be considered.
2. i personally prefer skeletons.
3. I wouldn’t mind either way…
On the topic of a new default theme: Why dont we make a Buddypress version of Twenty Twelve? (assuming 1.7 will be released in 2012).
1. Keep default themes consistent with other WP Foundation projects (both bbpress and wordpress use themes from the Twenty’s series)
2. Alot of tutorials on the twenty’s themes get created
3. Plenty of child themes get created for the themes.
4. The themes are apparently reviewed by the Automattic team (I trust them. do you?)
5. It will already be half done… We will just need to create the buddypress specific stuff. Most of the theme-related bugs will be cleaned up by the wporg guys.
6. (Bonus reason) The theme’s name will ensure we dont let the theme get “grey hairs and become a little wrinkly” again
@djpaul – not a good idea to integrate plugins designed by others (‘buddypress like’ hasn’t been updated in almost 400 days according to wp.org) so yeah, developer is the best way to go for the OP.
But, is their any plans to eventually incorporate BP Labs’ upcoming ‘like’ feature into Achievements?
Might be a good idea.
You can hook it up with add_action(‘admin_bar_menu’, to remove or change what you need.
For example, if you want to remove the annoying wordpress logo (imagine facebook having the PHP.net logo on their header) You can use: remove_menu(‘wp-logo’);
Here is a larger article i found via a google search that might help.
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but i just tried to review two plugins (Buddypress & Askisment Spam Disable) and it keeps attempting to tell me that ‘There was a problem posting your review, please try again.’ Tried 10 times on both with the same error message.
Am i doing it wrong, or is this repeating for anyone else?
This is what i use in my functions.php
It will add the images into the gravatar list under settings/discussions that you can then set as default.
@sbaglia BP 1.5.2 was simply a small update to fix a few conflict issues with the two bars. (rather than leaving us stranded with broken sites)
The proper WP 3.3 update for Buddypress is 1.6 or 1.5.something where the features will be integrated.
is this plugin what your after?
Haven’t tested it, but it seems to do exactly what your asking…