Forum Replies Created
I took BP Template Pack for a test spin a month or so ago, once, out of curiosity Some notes:
1. Need to make sure that you have ported the HTML div structure of original theme to template pack. Watch out for div iD’s and classes of content area and sidebar. There’s an error page on the link you provided. If I remember correctly from yesterday, it seems like you have not renamed the div surrounding your content and sidebar, otherwise the page layout would’ve looked like your regular pages even if the BP components were somewhat lacking in style
2. If you’ve disabled the BP Template Pack CSS in options, copy the styles available in https://svn.wp-plugins.org/bp-template-pack/tags/1.0.1/bp.css to your active theme’s style.css then adjust to taste
@chewbaker – assuming you’re using WP 3.0.1 and BP 184.108.40.206, deactivate all plugins except BuddyPress and then activate bp-default theme. If the errors do not disabpper then you have to give more info than what you posted.
There’s a plugin but I don’t know if it’s working in 3.0.1
There’s a plugin for that but I don’t know if it’s working in 3.0.1
“Are you sure you want to do this?”
1. Change theme to bp-default theme
2. Deactivate all plugins except BuddyPress
You’re welcome. Mayhap Q will be here next time to give you a gadget:-)
I just checked out your site with Avenue K9 (BuddyPress BuddyPack) Theme. You seemed to have fixed redirect to homepage issues because I’m not being redirected to homepage at all.
“I still have the issue. I changed my theme to Jooc Buddypress Theme”
If you change theme to bp-default theme, is admin bar showing up in front end? If so and it’s not showing up in the Jooc theme, and you say wp_footer hook is in footer.php of theme, then I suggest you contact Jooc theme authors.
@fillsee226, the delete button is not in the admin dashboard, it’s in the front-end.
Assuming you’re the Site/Super Admin -
Go to home page,
select on groups tab in main navigation bar,
select group you want to delete,
in group page under group avatar, select on “Admin” link in bar, then select “Delete Group”
Might be a browser issue – clear cache. Open another kind of browser to view your revisions. Also, are you sure you uploaded the revised files in the correct folder?
@bondjamesbond007 shaken, not stirred?
Before anything else, I see that you’re using the bp-default theme and that you’re making revisions directly on that theme. If or when you upgrade BuddyPress, any revisions you made will be overwritten. I recommend you create a child theme of bp-default theme and make your revisions in the child theme.
As for the “sidebar overlaps part of the content at its left”, this is to be expected when content exceeds maximum or minimum width as indicated in style.css where
you can instead change body width to fixed width of e.g. 980px or 1000px in your child theme’s style.css so you have a more realistic palette to place your videos, slideshows, etc.
Too many possibilities to list here. What theme are you using? Site URL?
@slaFFik understood. Each time I visit your site to test the plugin, I see more and more improvements. Thank you.
There are three free and one membership media plugins compatible with BP 1.2+, There are features you listed above which may be availble in some but not all and you can decide what you want to use.
1. BuddyPress Media Component – http://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddypress-kaltura-media-component/
2. BuddyPress Media nee Album+ a GSOC project – http://buddypress.org/community/groups/bp-album/
3. Post video players slideshow and photo galleries – http://buddypress.org/community/groups/post-rich-videos-and-photos-galleries/
4. Membership plugin – BP Gallery
@slaFFik, when do you expect to release this plugin?
This is a great project management system which many could use in tandem with a BP event plugin (JetEvent plugin or EventPress) and with a BP gallery plugin (BP Gallery or BP Album, etc). It’s easy enough to manually add links to respective project, event, gallery in respective description areas. Creating the project, announcing the event then showing the images/video/audio of the project/event would be just the ticket e.g. for the BuddyPress Rock Concert
@coralatlas – many have been able to get it up and running:
“The theme issues are not solved.”
bp-default theme out of the box with BuddyPress plus adding a header image would be like in testbp.org
Deactivate all plugins including qTranslate and leave only BuddyPress plugin activated with bp-default theme. If bp adminbar is still bad, recommend reinstallation of WP and BP from scratch.
@sakarya P.S. you could also post at http://buddypress.org/community/groups/bp-jobs-board/
“the buddypress links show either as blue links in a tree on a white page”
Based on search in this site, there have been issues with the qTranslate plugin, Since the plugin also hooks onto the bp adminbar, it could have caused your links to appear without any styling. Did you follow the instruction to delete code line for qTranslate to play nice with BuddyPress? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-qtranslate/