Forum Replies Created
Thanks for the reply
So.. would twenty fourteen be considered a well coded wordpress theme?
- does this mean that the default theme now for BP is twenty-fourteen ?
- I wonder if plugins that for BP will work as well as it does for BP-Default?
- Should we start making BP childthemes for Twenty-Fourteen ?
– That should just be a check mark or something.. i was surprised when I upgraded WP/BP then to see that its no longer an option..
– I try to keep everything in my install as “default” as possible and try do everything via a plugin.. and the notion of needing to create a bp-custom.php file seems counter to that.. (just sayin)
Found PART of the answer… Im using this plugin
it asks the user to upload the avatar right after the sign up
Any buddypress wizards know how I can make the thumbnail of the activity stream bigger without making it distored?
@applegateian Oh boy! that would be a great plugin
Any ideas on how to make the THumbnails bigger without freaking out the scale?
Thanks @shanebp ! – That works! (sorta) experimenting with it..
— The bad thing I did was shoe horn that code on to bp-blogs/bp-blogs-functions.php
*Im trying to figure out how to easily just pop in get_the_category_list and get_the_tag_list in the “entry.php” – of my template.
— Anyone know, point me to the right direction or code snippet to get to that?
@shanebp — Tried the sample code:
<?php echo get_the_tag_list('<p>Tags: ',', ','</p>'); ?>
But It fails to appear on the activity stream… DONT I HAVE TO create a function for it in the activity-loop or functions.php or something.. so it “Records” that.. similarly to how it does Username “wrote a new post” this in BlogNAME, BlogTitle
(sorry.. im totally clueless) any guidance would be appreciated
It only shows you the Title of the Post and Which blog it was posted in.. not the TAG or Category associated with it..
Hey there @yuttadhammo
can I brand it so that it has my sites logo, etc?
can I hardcode the url? -I think this feature disappeared
Any Ideas anyone?
I have a standard BP, WP (current release) install and when I change the banner — its no longer clicable to return home…
First.. let me say.. I highly appreciate everyones efforts..
– A paid plugin doesnt guarantee non-breakage…
putting aside the conversation of “hey its free stop complaining” — there should be more efforts like “CBOX” and/or a better ranking system that addresses:
1) Does this plugin work well
2) What are the best plugins that work to do xyz..
3) A better response to forum questions/inquiry..
again.. I highly respect everyone here.. @modemlooper is a kick ass developer and wish i can afford his services…
– But I do think theres gotta be a recognition that… BP & the BP Plugin forums support can use improvement..
So what if this question has been done to death.. its obvious that theres a lack of clarity if the questions been asked over and over again, because one can only assume that a satisfactory answer has not been achieved. I suppose this question and a ton of similar questions can be solved or addressed by having a “wiki” or easily searchable FAQ or Best Practice Blog or.. whatever.. — Ive been using BP for several years (on many of my sites) now as non-technical administrator and Im constantly frustrated.. but anyhoo.. just my 2cents..
@djpaul Thanks! That worked like a charm.. I promise.. i didnt cross post it on this forum. — Ok.. so from now.. i promise to ask Welcome Pack questions on WordPress.org — and not here Thanks Again!
You can try these
Though you probably need to muck with a little bit