Forum Replies Created
Yeah, thanks. He’s actually been really good with the support thus far, above and beyond what most will do. Personal email and skype…
@bphelp. Thanks, are there any other member import plugins out there?
@bphelp. I think I have discovered the culprit to this little mystery.. I have been using the Buddypress Members Import plugin: http://www.youngtechleads.com/buddypress-members-import/
For some reason when I import my database, the plugin does not seem to process the xProfile Field visibility settings properly.. The profile fields are still listed as “Admins Only” But for some reason they are still visible to all users.
Earlier, I manually added some new test profile fields and they worked fine. I also discovered, that if I edit, and re-save a user’s profile field after import, all profile fields for that user will then revert to the proper visibility settings.
I have contacted the plugin author to make him aware of the issue, hopefully he can fix it. If you have any suggestions that might be a quick fix for this I’m all ears!
@bphelp. Upon a little further research, I wanted to note that I created a new User Profile Group, created a private field seen by Admins Only in that group, and the settings seem to be working fine in that group. In my Base (Primary) group though, all profile fields still remain visible to all users. Does the Base (Primary) group automatically force all fields visibility public by default? If so, is there way to override?
If there is no way to change the visibility in the Base (Primary), I suppose I can just put private info in the other Profile Group, but I’m curious if or how that may effect my database import..
Hi @bphelp, is there a way I can privately send you a private link and/or set you up with a user account for my site’s user information? I just don’t want a public link with all of the user’s info public. I currently have all plugin’s deactivated and the twentytwelve theme active. I also did a clean install of Buddypress, still no luck, all the extended profile information is still visibile to everyone.
Thanks @bphelp. I went through, deactivated all plugins and activated the twenty twelve theme, still no luck.. What’s next?
Also, I do have this in my buddypress settings tab under Legacy Group Forums – bbPress configuration: /var/www/vhosts/lochmoorclub.com/httpdocs/wordpress/bb-config.php
Not sure what that is…
Thanks @bphelp. Info listed below:
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
WordPress seems to be working fine
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Yes, a lot.
Allow Multiple Accounts
amr users + buddypress
buddypress group email subscription
buddypress member import
buddypress message attachement
Buddypress Xprofile custom fields type
comprehensive google map
contact form manager
events manager pro
GRAND Flash Album Gallery
Lightbox Galleries EWSEL
Mass Messaging in Buddypress
Online Backup for WordPress
Peter’s Login Redirect
WP Full Calendar
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
I’m using Razor 1.1.3 from Themeforest/Parallelus
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
VPS hosting package