Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Plugin sanity restored, but I still have 152 pre-existing users seemingly in Pending status, although activating any or all of them results in a message that they are already activated. Which is interesting, because these users were all part of a bulk import when we changed domains last October… any idea how to clear that Pending bit?

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Sorry to post again. The problem seems to be a conflict between the new “Manage Signups” function and another plugin. I thought maybe bbPress, but it could also be “Confirm User Registration” by Ralph Hortt: http://www.horttcore.de/

    Right now I cannot get any of 167 users out of Manage Signups. If I Activate someone, they remain there afterward.

    I deactivated “Confirm User Registration” and now plugins are all out of whack. I can’t even view the Plugins page. I need to disable all of them and start over…

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Forgot to add: I did double check everything re the mu-plugins and user-role instructions. I had everything correct.

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Ok, some more details…

    I was able to get in by way of another (generic) admin account I had set up. I can now see my texrat account had WP role set to “no role for this site” on the profile edit page. However, looking at the User list, it says “Spectator” for WP role and forum role (I should be Keymaster for the latter), which is the default *forum* role for bbPress. So maybe bbPress is the interfering plugin in my case?

    Anyway, I’m fixed now.

    Also, all of our bbPress members who did not have any forum role assigned yet now show as Pending.

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    I added the plugin and reloaded the site per your instructions. Still get “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” :(

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    I’m not running that plugin or anything like it.

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    well, I can’t troubleshoot: bluehost is down. Now wondering if there was just a freaky coincidence and maybe *they* are to blame…

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Sorry, I thought I was clearer than I was: the functions are not even visible, other than the now-useless Dashboard link.

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    - tool bar shows me as logged in
    - I have lost all other functions. I cannot add new items, edit posts, check Jetpack stats, etc. Dashboard link is there but generates error when clicked.
    - no plugins of the sort you mention. I *am* running Stop Spammers, Akismet and a plugin for confirming new users (those that get past the first two)

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Peculiar is the word for it. And it *has* to be the BP 2.0 update: again, everything worked fine right up until I ran it (I had to be admin to do so) and loss of admin access was immediate after update concluded.

    I just cleared cookies– no help. This is single site, regular admin.

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Thanks, hcroeze, unfortunately that didn’t work for me. :(

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Sorry, I mean I now have zero admin rights for the site. For some bizarre reason, upgrading to BP 2.0 *appears* to have knocked me back to regular user. I’m not saying that’s what actually happened, because of course at the moment I have no way of accessing the site to see the actual problem!

    When I try to login at http://www.tarrantmakers.org/wp-admin/, I now get “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”. I can still see a Dashboard link at http://www.tarrantmakers.org/, but clicking it produces the same error. This was not happening just prior to running the update.

    Later today I can see what I can do via bluehost cpanel and/or filezilla, but right now I’m at work (ran update at lunch) and totally stuck. Anyway, mystifies me why the update would do this.

    Avatar of Texrat
    Texrat
    Participant

    @texrat

    Forgot to include site (and for some reason cannot edit the original post): http://tarrantmakers.org

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)