Categories
Search
Bottom

1.7 crashes Hatch theme

• thatmtnman
    Participant

@thatmtnman

Dear BP,

Love the release. Install seemed perfect. When I reloaded my site all I got was the ‘white page of death’ 🙁

Had to disable BP 🙁

Thought you guys should know. But I’m still super excited about the release!

cheers

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

thatmtnman
    Participant

@thatmtnman

yeah-tried those suggestions. Its still wacked.

I was really excited about BP 1.7. So much so I left work early just to do the install and try it out. Its so very, very disappointing to still see the same old, same old issues. Don’t the BP people test their releases?

Anyway, I’ve deleted the plugin. I’ll reinstall it when the bugs are worked out, and I don’t have to tear through the files and the db to get the thing to work. Its not ready as it is.

Thanks for your help. Cheers.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@thatmtnman Sorry to read that you’re still cannot get BuddyPress working in your site. Indeed, BuddyPress 1.7 has been created and tested by professional developers in as many environments as possible. If you believe there’s a bug, please feel free to post a new ticket in Trac https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/

Paul Wong-Gibbs
    Keymaster

@djpaul

If you tried those suggestions, what did your host say when you contacted them? Did they tell you what the error message was?

thatmtnman
    Participant

@thatmtnman

Hi Paul,

I did in fact contact my host, and they told me its an issue with BuddyPress and not a hosting issue. Its true of course, so really there is nothing I suppose that can be done.

I did want to ‘go off’ about this a bit. You can just skip over the following few sentences as I know its not your job to manage or work with Buddypress and that you’re just trying to help me out. For which, I am greatfull. Very much so.

First of all, I love BuddyPress. I love everything about it. The concept, the way its built, the impact it could have and should have. I was so freaking excited about this release I left work early to install it.

Having said, that, what is it with the BuddyPress team, and their leadership?  Buddypress is the future of WordPress, or at least a huge chunk of it.  No other plugin would be released or if released, used, if the person downloading that plug in had to access and touch 3 and 4 files, examine the database and make a trouble call to their host. Are you kidding me/us??

I know there are great people working on Buddypress, but releasing something this vital, this cool in this state is just ‘WordPress abuse’ in my view.

Fix the thing so that its installation matches the rhetoric of ‘easy install’ or ‘tested’ or what ever. Or change the darned rhetoric to say ‘must know how to modify files and databases and be willing to spend the time to do it’.

But ‘break the users site as soon as its activated’ and then tell the user to ‘fix it yourself’, is just not cool. And it really really p’os people too.

Thanks Paul. You’re great for having gotten this far in my note.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘1.7 crashes Hatch theme’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar