Categories
Search
Bottom

404 error after installing BP and go through compatibility check

• tungjacob
    Participant

@tungjacob

Hi admin,

I’m setting up my new website at http://tungjacob.com/jeef, and installed Buddy Press and BuddyPress Template Pack. I went through compatibility check, and found nothing wrong. But after installation, when i click on the links on top of the header, they just show a 404 error page.

Could you please check my page for me. If you could, i’ll send you the admin account to investigate the process.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Thanks so much

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Jimboba
    Participant

@jimboba

I’ve just experienced the same problem. Installation via WordPress ‘appears’ to be successful but when accessing BP interface I get ‘Page cannot be found’.

Checked the files via ftp and the ‘blogs’ folder that BP wants to access is empty except for a ‘media’ folder with a ‘.hidden’ file in it.

So it seems that the files were not copied to the correct location. Check the folder permissions and they are 755.

Using a new install of WP 3.0.1.

Anyone help?

Do not hijack threads please this practice is poor nettiquette. Problems may seem similar but often have different causes, having to answer two sets of questions in one thread can become confusing.

@tungjacob You have a highly customised theme, can you return to the Bp-default theme and test whether the issue is still apparent; also go to your permalink settings first and ensure that your .htaccess file is updating correctly by selecting an option and saving.

@jimboba much the same for you to; the lack of files is vague you either have the necessary BP files or not forget the lack of files for the moment BP wouldn’t be running if it were missing files. check whether you are able to update .htaccess file correctly

tungjacob
    Participant

@tungjacob

I’ve just found out my problem. It’s because of the incompatibility between Buddypress plugin and qTranslate plugin (mutilingual support). I’ve solved it. Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error after installing BP and go through compatibility check’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar