Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

404 Error for User Profile Pages

• jctunstall
    Participant

@jctunstall

I have been playing with setting up Buddypress and all of the functionality. So I had most of the options switched “on” and setup my site. Everything was working just fine (I was able to access user profiles without issue.)

Then I figured out which pieces I wanted to use and unchecked:
    – Friend Connections
    – Private messaging
    – Activity streams
    (and possibly a few more, I don’t recall exactly.)

Since that moment, I’ve been unable to access user profiles. I can see the Members page with a list of users, but when I click on the user profile it goes to a 404 page. I’ve tried reactivating all Buddypress options, uninstalling & reinstalling, checking permalinks etc.

Members page: http://mastermindfinder.com/lounge/members/
    Example user URL: http://mastermindfinder.com/lounge/members/julia/

I’ve seen quite a few posts about 404 errors and tried several of the fixes (as mentioned above) but nothing has worked, and none sounded like exactly the same error.

I appreciate your help!

WordPress 3.9.1 running Headway Base theme.
    Buddypress Version 2.0.1

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@jctunstall Have you tried some basic troubleshooting like changing to the Twenty Fourteen theme to check if issue is resolved? Or try deactivating all other plugins except BuddyPress then reactivating plugins one by one to check if there’s a plugin conflict?

jctunstall
    Participant

@jctunstall

Thanks @mercime for the reminder! I just did as you suggested and deactivated all plugins – no change. I also set theme back to Twenty Fourteen and the issue still occurred.

Strangely I didn’t have this issue earlier with the same installation – the only thing that changed was deactivating a couple buddypress options. I’m puzzled! 🙂

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error for User Profile Pages’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar