Categories
Search
Bottom

[Resolved] 404 Error message

JLent.
    Participant

@jloc14

Hey guys,

I am using the latest WP and BP and I am receiving an error message when clicking “Public message” to message someone. Any idea why?

Thanks
    J

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@jloc14 We need more information about your installation. What theme are you using? What plugins are activated? If you change to BP Default theme, is the issue resolved?

JLent.
    Participant

@jloc14

Sorry, I am using the Sweet Date theme by themeforest. Once I activate BP default the same thing happenes. But now I’ve deactivated all plugins except Buddypress and I cant even view profiles, the 404 message comes up. My permalinks are set to day and name and everything else looks fine just cant figure it out.

JLent.
    Participant

@jloc14

@mercime I still can’t figure it out as of right now. I have deactivated my plugins, deactivated my theme, deleted my theme and manually re-installed it and that didn’t work either. I recently switched hosting companies do you think that has something to do with it?

JLent.
    Participant

@jloc14

Problem solved. The reason Public Message was redirecting me to a 404 error is because I did not have Activity Stream set up. At first I did not want it but now its best to keep it.

Thanks
    J

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.