bbPress Integration with 1.1 – "Error when creating a topic"
I’ve just upgraded to BuddyPress 1.1 – and, incidentally, have to say, big congratulations for this significant release; we’re really looking forward to getting it working.
I had previously had a separate bbPress installation at /forums – separate database, XML-RPC connection, starting with bb 1.0a. I chose to abandon that install, however, and go with a new installation so that bbPress runs within BuddyPress (part of the appeal of 1.1).
I chose the clean installation and it reported that it was successful. However, if I try to create a new post in the forums for any of my existing Groups, I get the error message:
“There was an error when creating the topic.”
I have double-checked bb-config.php as located at the root directory of our WordPress MU install. Its settings look correct, pointing to the main WPMU/BuddyPress database (rather than the previous, separate bbPress-only database). I can also confirm that bbPress was correctly installed within the BuddyPress file structure. And when I look at our main WPMU database, all of the correct bbPress tables appear to be there.
Do I need to somehow refresh existing groups so that they point at the new, BuddyPress-specific forum structure? Or is there another problem?
Full details below:
1. Which version of WPMU are you running?
2. Did you install WPMU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WPMU? If so, from which version?
2.8.2 (updated to 2.8.4a prior to updating BP from 1.01 to 1.1)
5. Was WPMU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress?
Yes / continues to work
6. Which version of BuddyPress (BP) are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
No core modification
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
No custom functions
12. If running bbPress, which version?
Now switching to built-in bbPress
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
Just ran tail and I’m not getting an error when posting. I am getting this error from BP core, which I believe is unrelated (investigating this separately as there may be a bug here):
Missing argument 2 for bp_get_the_body_class() in /home/noisepages/www/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-templatetags.php on line 159
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.