Beta testing needed
I’m working with the new BPGE version, which is for BuddyPress 1.5 only.
I would be really thankful if you could test it and report in this topic any bugs you will find.
For interested please download beta using this link: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/buddypress-groups-extras.zip
Great work @slaffik !! I have installed another buddypress website and that’s very big step ahead !! , I have no plugin there so I can’t speak about some plugin conflicts (Lost forum topics etc.) but what you have done is really great , I have now only 2 suggestions for you :
1. Group pages get ajaxed.
2. MOST IMPORTANT thing : I would love to create standard 20 fields which will need to fill out every group on my website , but I don’t want to force every group ADMIN to create those 20 fields over and over again , so I would like to have some option in WORDPRESS DASHBOARD to use the sets of buddypress Group EXTRAS templates with those 20 predefined fields , I want to create those fields (some Group description form ) once and then assigned it as a one or more templates which then will use all the rest of groups automaticaly (in group creation process). So I suggest when you create one set of fields that you can assign them as a template which should use another group .
Otherwise it works excellent for me on 1.5 Beta , you have created one central website where you can easily create 1000′s small websites(groups) where people will easily fill out description fields , and you can create numerous pages (ABOUT,CONTACT,PHOTO GALLERY, etc) so for me much more better solution then WordPress multisite where you can get infinite blogs.
Thank you very much !
Thank you for your testing and reply
About suggestion 1 – I will think about it, but not guarantee it will be implemented in the next version.
Suggestion 2 – in my todo list
Thank you @slafik , I am looking forward for suggestion 2, it is very important to use those sets of fields for all groups globally. ( almost every budddypress installs concerns to only one type of the groups (sport clubs , restaurants , hospitals , classes , museums , cities ,companies and they all need their own sets of fields .
I installed wp 3.2.1, bp 1.5 beta2, and group extra on testing site, no other plugin, here’s what I see:
1. Can’t change group name–
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /…/bpge-loader.php on line 232
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /…/bpgeloader.php:232) in /…/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 934
2. When editing pages/insert image, it pops up 3 windows. After a second, only one window left.
After image inserted and saved page, I see “41 queries | 187.37Mb” is added on BuddyPress Admin bar.
1. Do you want to make ”page public?– add one more choice
Public (Show it)
Private ( Only visible for …. )
Hidden ( Hide it )
By making private pages, we can —
Hide some pages for lower level of members (even if a member joined this private group, he’ll need to upgrate to higher level to see this page)
Show an intro page even if group is private ( this might be difficult to impliment but that’s my wish )
2. “Please specify the page name, where all custom pages will be displayed” –
This is a bit confusing. Users will have to try it to see it actually means “Tab” name.
How about–”Please specify the nav tab name for all custom pages” ?
3. The ability to insert form into pages– this will make make the pages alive
To impliment this, maybe need to provide site admin some choice of page template.
4. Limite the number of extra pages that a group can have.
If a site has 1000 groups, each group has 5 extra pages, totally 5000 pages will bring up performence issue. Actually, they were talking about 1.4 would use custom posts for group , but now it becomes 1.5 and uses pages. I don’t know what’s the advantage of page over post, hope there’s some.
@SlaFFik , sorry, the bug 2 is ““41 queries | 18.37 Mb” , not 187.37
I can’t edit post on this site, it says page not found, so I add reply.
Edit bug 2: sorry, seems it’s not a bug, it’s a debug tool. I saw it when save pages, so I misunderstood it as a bug. But 3 windows poping up on clicking insert image button is not a good thing.
Edit feature 4: I just tried a var_dump, only top-level is page in bp1.5, all single groups are still not post or page. So, this feature is not required now
Add Feature requirement 5: Grouping fields. Just like profile fields, organize the fields into sets, give each set a name and let admin choose display this set or not instead of choose to display field or not.
Add bug 3: The page updated without required field being filled.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.