Buddy Stream not importing
Buddy Stream is not importing anything from any feeds. I have curl & json, my cron job is set to every 15 minutes, because my isp doesn’t allow cron jobs any more often than that. yet nothing is importing, from either facebook or twitter.
Unfortunately I have to confirm that issue: BuddyStream doesn’t import anything, while everything should be connected properly. Outgoing posts to Facebook and Twitter work fine, but, for whatever reason, the cronjob totally fails. Same with a direct http://my.domain/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/import.php call: a 0 byte response is received, but BuddyStream doesn’t even count the cron run?
There’s a related thread btw: http://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddystream/forum/topic/buddystream-doesnt-import-from-facebook/
Thank you for your efforts.
PHP Version: 5.2.14-0.dotdeb.0
cURL Information: libcurl/7.18.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8g zlib/188.8.131.52 libidn/1.1
json version: 1.2.1
Ok after reading through this( http://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddystream/forum/topic/buddystream-1-0-3-1-feedback/ ) thread, I figured out if I went through /wp-content/plugins/buddystream/import.php and edited some lines it would work. So far the edit seems to have worked for manual import but I’ll have to wait and see if the cron works.
Here’s the original: http://pastebin.com/Q63ijXTL
Here’s the Modified version: http://pastebin.com/bY5zkrBd
I was just a matter of changing a few lines.
I just wanted to report, that the cron is in fact working, buddystream successfully imported twitter & facebook posts since my last post.
Thank you so much, with the recommended changes it really works like charm!
You Rock! What a stacked stream I have now, thank you!
@mrangeld tnxs for the if, we will add this one in the next release of buddystream.
I’ve still not been able to get this to import facebook posts. I’ve tried making @mrsangeld‘s changes, but nothing changed. I’m not using MS, so I’m not sure those were necessary for my install.
Works great for Twitter – haven’t tested the others. I do get the “facebook imported in 0.xxx seconds” message – so it appears the import is running, but nothing shows up.
“message”: “Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.”
This appears when I click “Authorize with Facebook”
Facebook never seems to work with this plugin. If there is a way to make it work, please help. Thanks.
I want to say I went through import.php myself and just posted a support ticket with the same answer that @mrsangeld has here and at the pastebin links. I should learn to check here first but wanted to post to confirm it works for me as well and does not appear to have made the cut into the latest version so you may need to change the file yourselves all!
The new import.php worked for me as well. Thanks for the fix!
Well It seems there is a whole new problem with import.php as I just had to delete over 7000 files in my root directory. All of which had numbers tacked onto the end of them
I’m trying to figure out what the cause of this is, but I’m have little luck. Maybe somebody with a bit more coding experience could help me out.
Well that was simple, just needed to comment out of the echo statements, and the files stopped being created.
what statements are these?
I am using your version of import.php
And i want to go ahead and comment out the echo statements you mention.
I’m not a coder so ithat’s why i have to ask.
Sorry for the delay in reply, been busy as of late.
Here’s a copy of my current import.php file http://pastebin.com/t3ew8vhn
You’ll notice I simply commented out of any line in each function which begins with the word echo such as
`echo “Twitter imported in “.$timeTwitter.” seconds”;`
In php echo is basically just way of printing out content. for example if you created a php file with the following:
echo “Hello World!”;
and then uploaded it to a server which supports php then accessed it in your browser you would see a blank page with the words HELLO WORLD! on it.
So removing these echo statements means that if you directly access import.php you’ll no longer get any messages telling you whether the import was successful or not. The problem I believe with them being left in the code is that when they were pulled into a cron job, there was no where to output the echo statements, so each cron resulted in the creation of a new file in the hosts root directory with the results written to it.
Any way I hope I’ve helped you a bit
Let me try this out and see if it works.
I’ll be honest, i’m not very technical.
But I hope this works.
I’ve not been able to import anything yet.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.