Cannot Upload Avatar -Error- (unable to create directory)
I just installed Buddy Press today.
When I try to upload an avatar, I get this error:
Upload Failed! Error was: Unable to create directory /avatars/1. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
I’m thinking this is a CHMOD / Permissions issue but I’m not sure which directories need to be re-written with new permissions.
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? WP 3.0.1
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? directory
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? root
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? no clean install
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running? Latest 18.104.22.168
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? no
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? No
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? Standard
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? no
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? no
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? n/a
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. n/a
14. Which company provides your hosting? private hosting
Thanks in advance for any help.
The topic ‘Cannot Upload Avatar -Error- (unable to create directory)’ is closed to new replies.