Compatibility w/ WordPress 3.4.1 (display problems)
I’ve recently updated both WordPress (to Ver. 3.4.1) and BuddyPress (to Ver.1.5.7) and weird display problems started popping up. Unfortunately I cannot recall which previous versions they were prior to the upgrade but everything worked perfectly before…I tried deleting BP completely and installed a downgraded version (1.5.6 – 1.5). Doesn’t solve the problem.
I currently have WP&BP installed in a subdirectory, not a subdomain. I have not tampered with anything in the core files & I have always been using the default theme that came with BuddyPress.
The main problem is that every time I activate BuddyPress, the text editor becomes this:
You can’t click the upload/insert media button; can’t switch over to html mode and no rich text editing (font colors, sizes,links etc) buttons at all. Also the default font color in the actual input area becomes white and I can’t see what I’m typing…
In addition to this, as long as BuddyPress is activated I get all sorts of display problems in dashboard on the backend:
1) All the sidebar hover menus stop working- I can only click on a section and view the expanded sub-menus;
2) As I search for plugins from the backend, whenever I’m trying to view “details” of a certain plug-in I was getting a Lightbox-ish pop up window for all the details. Now I don’t get that. It simply opens whatever was in that pop up window in a new page…
2) Most frustratingly, I can’t drag any widgets around, which is actually a big problem.
I have the following plugins activated at the moment:
– bAll-in-One Event Calendar
– BP Labs
– BuddyPress Group Email Subscription
– BuddyPress Twitter
– Easy Contact Forms
– Featured articles Lite
– Google Analytics for WordPress
– HL Twitter
– jQuery Colorbox
– KK I Like It
– Private WordPress
– Section Widget
– U BuddyPress Forum Attachment
– WP Live Stream
– WP User Frontend
Even if I deactivate them all the above problem still exists. But once I deactivate BP everything becomes normal…Something must’ve gone wrong during the upgrade. Could it be that the problems actually comes from the WordPress end of things? Please help me out here! Any thoughts is appreciated!
The topic ‘Compatibility w/ WordPress 3.4.1 (display problems)’ is closed to new replies.