Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Content Encoding Error / RSS Feeds errors

  • Avatar of Tracedef
    tracedef
    Participant

    @tracedef

    “Content Encoding Error

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.”

    I’m on 2.8.2 and bp 1.0.3 and am getting the error above in my dashboard and on the site itself. I have noticed however that if I remove my RSS feed widgets (using it for latest bbpress forum comments and recent post comments) the error does not occur on the site, so it seems to be related to RSS feeds encoding ….. I’m was thinking that maybe the RSS feeds in dashboard were creating the issue in dashboards as well, but I get the content encoding error when I try to upgrade plugins as well….

    Also get encoding gibberish sometimes when I try to add and save a new rss feed widget …. or the entire site will load as unencoded gibberish…

    The feed widgets are also very inconsistent for me… sometimes they work and sometimes they give out various such as:

    “RSS Error: XML error: junk after document element at line 405, column 0″

    or

    “RSS Error: A feed could not be found at ……… “

    There’s no rhyme or reason to errors…. and they randomly appear upon refresh

    Anyone else experiencing this or have any feedback, could this be server issue…? Not familiar with what would cause “content encoding” issues…. Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Avatar of Tracedef
    tracedef
    Participant

    @tracedef

    Also:

    When I go to my plugins, firefox prompts me so open or save the following:

    “You have chosen to download plugins.php”

    which is a: Binary File

    Open / Save File

    *******************

    The file contains the following (including weird 2008 cookie expiration) minus a page or so of random characters:

    `

    1248413318 2550 .

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK

    Content-Encoding: gzip

    Vary: Accept-Encoding

    Transfer-Encoding: chunked

    Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 05:28:39 GMT

    Server: LiteSpeed

    Connection: close

    X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.6

    Set-Cookie: bp_xprofile_meta=deleted; expires=Thu, 24-Jul-2008 05:28:38 GMT; path=/

    Expires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT

    Last-Modified: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 05:28:39 GMT

    Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0

    Pragma: no-cache

    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

    b0d

    ã

    Avatar of Tracedef
    tracedef
    Participant

    @tracedef

    It looks like this is a litespeed issue, reverting to apache solved the issue….

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Content Encoding Error / RSS Feeds errors’ is closed to new replies.