Creat a network of many buddypress sites, using single buddypress install
I plan to launch few websites using buddypress.
All sites will be ‘almost’ same type, the only difference will be the topic of the site.
What I mean is that all sites will be “consumer complaint and discussion sites” focused on various different complaints or topics.
The complaint form will have same number of fields but the field descriptions/titles will be changed to better fit the topic of the complaint site.
Each site will have it’s own unique domain name, even though they will all be sharing same/single buddypress install.
So I have the following questions:
1. Can buddypress provide full complaint/discussion site functionality for people to complain about various issues or discuss any topic? Do I need a plugin for submitting complaints or topics?
2. Is it possible to setup a social network of many sites (each with different domain name) using same buddypress install?
3. Is it possible to share users among all sites so that they can login to any site in the network withOUT registering again? In other words: same user profile for all sites in the network.
4. If #3 above is possible, then is it possible to keep the user blogs, forums, groups, activity, etc all separate from site to site?
5. Is there a plugin available to have multi-network buddypress sites setup properly?
6. Will all the networks ‘have to’ use the same exact theme?
7. How many maximum number of network sites can be installed on a single buddypress install without breaking it?
Note: The reason I want to have a multi network on single buddypress install is so that it is easy to manage using single admin panel.
Please advise if this is even possible or do I just need to use separate buddypress for each site?
Thank you very much for your help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.