Friendships are missing in Requests and Invites
Buddypress Version 1.6.1
As title suggests, friendships are missing both in the friendship requests pending page and the group invite friends page (for group admins)
user-profile/friends/ – current friendships do show
user-profile/friends/requests – do not show despite active pending states
The message “You have no pending friendship requests.” continues to show up.
Likewise groups/Group-Name/send-invites/ does not show a list of friends to invite to group for the group admin.
I recently had a lot of issues with bbPress and had to remove the plugin manually (deleting through FTP because I would receive a query error by clicking on the deactivate button – for that plugin only) and I’m wondering if this has affected the friends core plugin for my installation of BuddyPress.
The site has been customized quite a bit, and as a live site for a client, I can’t re-install Buddypress in hopes that it will fix the friendships area if that means that all current users would be deleted. If I can re-install Buddypress without affecting MySQL then I might consider it.
I’ve found the area in MySQL that handles friendship requests, and can manually change the 0s to 1s with these new friendships showing up on the site, so I know that part is working. But for some reason its not translating to the site on its own for users to validate the requests themselves.
Where do I look to see why friendships are not being acknowledged by buddypress?
I wish I could give a link to the site for you, but it’s under a members-only script.
I’ve also tried searching out related topics, but haven’t found any that have this specific issue nor any resolves for those that are close.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 3.4.2
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? Directory
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? root
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? Not recently
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Everything else functions well.
6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.6.1
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? Fairly sure I started with 1.6.1.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? 24 – Too many to list.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? customized
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? I don’t believe so.
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? not in that file
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? Manually disabled bbPress – am concerned this might be part of the problem. I’m not sure if I downloaded this on its own or if it came part of BP. If separate, they were downloaded on the same day.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
WordPress database error Table ‘mydb_ivdb4wp.pd’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT DISTINCT u.ID as id, u.user_registered, u.user_nicename, u.user_login, u.display_name, u.user_email , pd.value as fullname FROM wp_users u LEFT JOIN wp_usermeta um ON um.user_id = u.ID LEFT JOIN pd ON u.ID = pd.user_id WHERE u.spam = 0 AND u.deleted = 0 AND u.user_status = 0 AND pd.field_id = 1 AND u.ID IN (19) ORDER BY pd.value ASC LIMIT 0, 20 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), do_action(‘template_redirect’), call_user_func_array, bp_template_redirect, do_action(‘bp_template_redirect’), call_user_func_array, bp_screens, do_action(‘bp_screens’), call_user_func_array, friends_screen_requests, bp_core_load_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/AggregateNEW/members/single/home.php’), locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/AggregateNEW/members/single/friends.php’), locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/AggregateNEW/members/single/friends/requests.php’), bp_has_members, BP_Core_Members_Template->__construct, bp_core_get_users, BP_Core_User::get_users
14. Which company provides your hosting? GoDaddy (VPS)
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Linux / Apache
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.