Getting back link structure/profiles etc after upgrade
First, the obligatory details:
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
Started with 1.1.3, upgraded to 1.2.1, reverted back to 1.1.3
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
BPDEV Core, BuddyPress Skeleton Component, bpPicture Album
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
The original goal was to add video upload capability to the WPMU/BP install. I found a video plugin, but it crashed this version of BP. I upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.2.1 and the problems began. First, the link structure is messed up (and i have no idea how to correct this). Where wpmu.site.com/member/admin would take me to a page with my profile details (i believe its similar to the default profile/member page), it now just takes me to a content page with the same content as the index.
There are several hundred users/blogs on this site, and although i reverted back to BP 1.1.3 because i learned of the massive differences between the two versions, im unable to restore it to its original state. I do have a complete backup of the site prior to doing anything to it, however if i can figure out the link structure, and how to get back to the member profile pages i can just go from there.
Basically i need to know what all happend/changed when moving from 1.1.3 to 1.2.1 and then back, and how to get back to that.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.