Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

#Hashtag Plugin Bug: Can’t change font colors

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Avatar of paulhastings0
    paulhastings0
    Participant

    @paulhastings0

    And just to confirm, is anyone else experiencing this as well?

    ok, i’ll take a look at this next week. the regex is pretty basic and will hit on something leading with a #

    Avatar of paulhastings0
    paulhastings0
    Participant

    @paulhastings0

    @nuprn1

    Had any luck looking at this bug?

    slipped off my radar – was that when an user is entering in html code into comments/activity? can you outline what steps/code is being entered? i do have a check in the code for html”ized” text and to ignore so maybe something i’m not aware of. thanks!

    have you tried changing the priority on those extra filters to something super high for wordpress content/comments (get_comment_text && the_content)? more i think about it – don’t believe i ever tested it for normal wordpress blog functionality just the content excerpt created for the activity stream. (bp_blogs_activity_new_post_content && bp_blogs_activity_new_comment_content)

    Avatar of paulhastings0
    paulhastings0
    Participant

    @paulhastings0

    @nuprn1

    It’s actually happening in people’s blog Dashboards when they’re in Visual mode.

    Here’s a quick video: http://screencast.com/t/MjFkMTBiNWI

    i don’t have flash, can you outline the steps and text being entered? also put a priority on those 2 filters you added (ie, 9999). the original intention is for the activity stream content, so definitely untested/unpredictable results within the wordpress blog realm.

    Avatar of paulhastings0
    paulhastings0
    Participant

    @paulhastings0

    @nuprn1 Ah, ok.

    A user is inside their blog dashboard writing a new post. When they select some text and change the color using the normal WordPress button and hit “Publish” then the hashtag plugin grabs the CSS code that says #ff00ff and tries turning it into a hash link. The end result is that the blog post then no longer shows the correct color for the text and instead shows a chunk of exposed CSS code on the main page that it’s converted into a link.

    Here’s a screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/MmY0ZjE1ZDct

    @paulhastings0 think i got it… plus another bug fix.

    since you reported, you get to test it :P

    replace this function in bp-activity-hashtags.php (make sure you have the priority set high on those filters though, this has to hook after all the internal wordpress stuff)

    http://pastebin.com/vDrshWKA

    Avatar of paulhastings0
    paulhastings0
    Participant

    @paulhastings0

    Sweet, I’ll FTP it tonight and let you know how it works.

    :)

    Avatar of paulhastings0
    paulhastings0
    Participant

    @paulhastings0

    @nuprn1 I changed replaced the function with what you gave me and set the 4 filter priorities to 9999 and it seems to be working great.

    Here’s the blog post: http://screencast.com/t/OTg0N2NmZDA

    And here’s what it looks like in the activity stream: http://screencast.com/t/ZjZjNjRhZjk

    I’ll let you know if I spot any oddities but I’ve got it running live on the community for now. Thanks!

    great! let me know if any snags show up otherwise i’ll push a formal update once 1.2.6 is out.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.