Is this correct?
My aim is to have a normal site and a buddypress community on one domain.
This is what I did:
1) http://www.Mydomain.com – I installed WordPress and created a MySQL database. ( did not activate multi user)
– Standard single user WordPress
2) http://www.Mydomain.com/buddypress – Created a subdirectory on my server called “Buddypress”
– Installed a complete WordPress installation in this directory
– Activated WordPress Multi User
– Created a MysQL database
– Installed and activated Buddypress
My understanding is that you can only install Budypress on all your sites (and not have a single WP and Budypress together – so that’s why I did the above.
Doing things this way might take longer because some plugins are used by “both”. But I feel that this is easier manageable and will help me keep things seperate.
This totally works – so the question is : is this right ?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.