Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Language files all mixed up – Translations not working

  • Avatar of Advinci
    advinci
    Participant

    @advinci

    After upgrading to BP 1.0.(1 – I think) I noticed that there were some parts that weren’t translated in the theme.

    So I checked the language files and the parts that didn’t appear translated were actually translated. I figured that maybe some lang files were mixed up or the name was wrong. So I renamed the files and moved them and created chaos:

    Now in the MU user panel there are only some words translated, others are in English. I wanted to start all over but in the installation guide I can’t even find where the hell and with what name the language file should be.

    What should the path to the BP language file be? How should the file be named?

    What should the path be to the MU language file and how it should be named?

    MU is 2.7.1

    BP is 1.0 or 1.01

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Avatar of Plrk
    plrk
    Participant

    @plrk

    It may be so that the translation functions for these strings are missing in your releases. You should update to WPMU 2.8.1 (or 2.8.2) and BP 1.0.3 anyways.

    WPMU translation files should reside in:

    wp-content/languages/

    and BP translation files should reside in:

    wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages/

    If you’d like more help, please provide a link to the language files you are using, and where and what strings are not translated.

    Avatar of Advinci
    advinci
    Participant

    @advinci

    Ok… I reverted the chaos, still some words aren’t translated in the template.

    You can see here the words that don’t appear to be translated although they are: http://blogi.ee/groups

    For example: Groups Listing, Members, etc

    And the BP language file here: http://blogi.ee/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages/buddypress-et_ET.mo

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.