New WP-BP Install, /Forums Refuses To Work
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? 2.92
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? No
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? /httpdocs
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? No
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes
6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.2.1
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? No Upgrade
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? No
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? Yes
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? No
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? Built-in
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting? Cloud Dedicated Linux @ 1and1.com
As the subject states: Fresh install of WP 2.92 and BP 1.2.1 on my Dedicated Cloud Linux server at 1and1.com. It is running CentOS 5, MySQL and PHP5. Everything, I repeat, everything works perfectly with this install except anything referencing /Forums. I create a new group, works fine! I try to associate a new forum with the group, fail!
Many other installations of WordPress (just WP, no Buddypress) are working just fine from this server, so it is certainly something specific to the Buddypress add-in. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I’ve done everything short of modifying php.ini, etc..
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.