you are trying to do that for your user, or someone else?
The profile fields are hidden in BuddyPress for other users, even if you’re admin, so you will need to figure out the link by yourself, or login as the target user and it should be visible.
I’m not clear. I’ve gone over the handbook several times – and the location of “student and teacher roles” is blank. Only radio button and it has nothing next to it.
This is for my user account, an admin for the group as well as admin for the site.
@LPH2005, could you check the buddypress profile fields in wp-admin, there should be a field generated by Courseware named `Role` with the “Teacher, Student and Apply for Teacher” options.
There are a few fields:
Role (radio field type but no options available),
Student (option, text box; not required)
Apply for teacher (option, text box, not required)
Teacher (text box, not required)
Ok, another question, do you use default template?
Can you check the source code of the page if the `…` stuff is there on your Profile Edit page?
The correct roles option should looks like this:
Thank you. I’m having a much bigger problem. I deleted the roles in the wp-admin, uninstalled, and reinstalled the plugin. This fixed that issue but I still can’t create an assignment. Maybe I need to completely uninstall and try again. Something may have fouled up because I tried an earlier version ..
Do you have uninstall instructions? Data tables?
from what I know there’s no need for special uninstall instruction, the plugin has no data tables, it’s all custom post types/taxonomies and options.
You’re the 3rd person reporting this issue after a previous install, which I can’t help/don’t know how to do that.
I need one of yours codebase and db dump, your’s or @ebars in oder to test it.
The problem is somewhere here:
can you update and report if it works now?
0.1.3 allows me to create an assignment – cool!
1. Clicking on “Enable Assignment Forum” does not create a link.
2. The course states it was started by _______ – how can this name be changed?
3. Can more than one course be created for a group?
4. Go to http://www.thechembook.com/groups/first-year-chemistry-learners/courseware/ and the top sub-menu dashboard shown in handbook is not available
1. I tested it on my install, it works. Can you check if a topic is created in forums tab? I believe you have the forums enabled for your group, right?
2. It shows the name of the course author, so that user has to change his name.
3. Yes, switch to European Learning Style in `wp-admin -> BuddyPress -> Courseware`
4. Check your theme, the submenu `id=”subnav”` should be supported in order to get those links! As a tip, please check the `bp-themes/bp-default/groups/single/plugins.php` to have the `bp_before_group_body` action in there.
Re. point 4) above, I’m also having issues getting the submenu to display with our theme.
My developer tried to get around this issue using a custom courseware.css file but it looks like the courseware.css checkbox is looking in the wrong folder:
The /style.css/ in the URL is extra.
@bizpod can you apply this modifications and see if it works:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.