On Translating Activity Actions, and other database stored content
I’m in the process of translating BuddyPress for a client (which I’ll release as soon as it’s done), and today I spent a good part of my day spinning my wheels over why activity actions weren’t translating.
It turns out that activity actions are stored in the database (bp_activity) table, so if it wasn’t translated prior to being written into the database, then it’s pretty much set (unless you edit it manually). New entries that are created after translation, will be translated.
It me a while to figure out something that basic, but I’m glad that I did, and I thought I’d share it in case there are other newbie BP translators that are trying to figure out why the translation doesn’t “work”.
Now I know that if a translation doesn’t “stick” it’s probably because its being read from the db, and its value has already been set.
Pretty basic stuff, but now I know. (correct me if I got it all wrong though, the illusion of knowledge is worse than ignorance)
The topic ‘On Translating Activity Actions, and other database stored content’ is closed to new replies.