My Problem: I did a fresh install of the most recent stable build of BuddyPress on my single-blog WordPress.org 2.9.2 installation, along with the theme compatibility assistant. Almost all links redirect back to the homepage (http://www.giftown.net/troop). One of the key facets of this is accessing user profiles, as I currently have all other BuddyPress components disabled. The BuddyPress toolbar leads me to http://giftown.net/troop/members/Paul%20Herz/profile/ for my profile, but I get redirected to the homepage. When I manually change that in my address bar to http://giftown.net/troop/members/paulh/profile/ (my username rather than my fullname) it works. Something is clearly wrong with my permalinks, but I know no way of resolving this.
1. I’m running WordPress 2.9.2 (not MU)
2. I installed WP as a directory.
3. I installed WP in a subdirectory.
4. I have not upgraded WordPress since I started using BuddyPress
5. WordPress, before initializing BuddyPress, was fully functional.
6. The most recent stable build, aka 1.2.
7. I have not upgraded from an older BP version, as I have just started using it.
8. In order to troubleshoot the issue, I attempted to disable all plugins. For all intensive purposes, no, I do not have any active plugins other than BuddyPress and the BuddyPress theme compatibility helper.
9. I am using a custom theme, by myself, Trooper.
10. I have in no way modified the core files. It is a fresh installation.
11. To my knowledge, I have no custom functions running.
12. I have a separate installation of bbPress that is integrated as of now with my WordPress installation. It is up-to-date.
13. Relevant error logs, recorded by my server around the time of my BuddyPress installation and forward, reside here: http://pastebay.com/87041.
14. afmu.com, Affordable Multimedia, is my host. They support the most recent editions of mySQL and PHP. Their servers are Apache running on Linux.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.