Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Regarding 2.7.7

  • Avatar of chestnut_jp
    chestnut_jp
    Member

    @chestnut_jp

    @dwenaus
    I just upgraded my 2.7.5.2 to the latest original version of 2.7.7.
    You still have misunderstood how to load textdomain.
    Translation still do not work for 2.7.7.

    As I wrote before, please use the following:
    `load_plugin_textdomain(‘bp-ass’, PLUGINDIR.’/’.dirname(plugin_basename(__FILE__)).’/languages’);`

    In 2.7.7, it reads:
    `load_plugin_textdomain( ‘bp-ass’, false, dirname( plugin_basename( __FILE__ ) ) );`

    This defines only the place where the plugin is. The place of language folder, named “languages” is not specified.

    Now that you defines the name of language file as “bp-ass”, Japanese and Italian language files should be renamed to bp-ass-ja.mo, bp-ass-it.mo and so on.

    The pot file can also be renamed to bp-ass.pot, which is not essential but in order not for peple to be mixed up.

    As I have just did upgrade, I have not yet verify how the new version work. It will take some time for me to report.

    The pot file you remade seems to work, so I will reproduce japanese language file base on your pot.

    P.S.
    If you do not want to write PLUGINDIR, the line should be read like this:
    `load_plugin_textdomain( ‘bp-ass’, false, dirname(plugin_basename(__FILE__)).’/languages’ );`

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Avatar of Dwenaus
    Dwenaus
    Participant

    @dwenaus

    i understand now. it is fixed in 2.7.8. I foolishly switched to load_plugin_textdomain because of another user’s request without fully understanding the system. and because I’m so busy I did not text it properly – which just causes more problems and confusion in the end.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.