Steps to create a test site using database dump from main site
I followed following steps to create a test site using the database dump from the main (live) site. I want to know what’s going wrong:-
[Version: WPMU: 2.7, Buddypress: RC1]
1. Backup the live-site database using mysqldump
2. Created the test installation [using new 'test' database] of buddypress on <domain>/test
3. Tested the test installation – everything is working fine.
4. Restored the database backup from step#1 to the test database of step # 2.
5. Refreshed the test-site home page and I got fatal error!
I guess the site name & paths are encoded in the database. Is there any available fix for this?
The topic ‘Steps to create a test site using database dump from main site’ is closed to new replies.