Tweetstream (twitter plugin) Beta testers needed!
I created a plugin that syncs twitter with users activity feeds.
The plugin in ready to be released but i need some beta testers to see if the plugin works well.
Want to help test this plugin? PM me!
p.s. plugin is for buddypress 1.2
A couple other things – now that it’s working
1. When I post from BP to twitter the @ gets printed as “faboo”. I think it’s good, that it’s not an @, but why not just delete the @-mention instead of a strange word (if it’s on purpose…)
2. I would leave the Member-Profile-Link, too!
3. If the message comes from twitter to BP in the acitvity it writes “posted an tweet” – I am no english-crack, but I guess that “an” is kind of wrong…
By the way: GREAT plugin!
Great plugin Peter.. you are the man, and this will become a very very popular plugin for sure!
Clicking tweetstream link does not do or show anything. I was expecting a place to enter twitter username & password. Where do I enter them?
Consumer key pairs are entered & saved
in tweetstream setting of wp-admin. I am using the latest plugin 1.1.1. and WP.
What am i missing?
Two things, while using your plugin a little more:
1. The Name of the activity-owner has a wrong link. It points to faboo.nl (I guess it is hardcoded…) instead of my own site
2. The message “Want to tweet this message to? Check your tweetstream settings.” is not possible to make it disappear, when I don’t want it for all of the users. If you would give it a css-class or something I could just use display:none
Thanks for this plugin. I have a problem: Twitter to BP works fine, but BP to Twitter don’t. My BP installation is not in the default blog (#1), it’s at blog #11. Would it be the problem?
Back from the weekend, had my and my girlfriends birthday party so no time to code etc.
@mmeida, still having problems for bp to twitter? did you setup the access (when creating apps on twitter) on read and write?
I will release a new version soon, i hope tonight or tomorrow.
What will be in the new release:
- Hard-coded faboo.nl will be removed (oops..)
- Link tot profile page in tweet will be optional per user (user settings)
- Syncing from twitter to bp can be turned off (user settings)
- Preparation for localisation (next version i promise to have a language file)
- Posted “an” tweet type will be fixed
- Link on profile page “Want to tweet…” can be turned off for all users (admin settings)
Thanks for all the feedback! Its helping me a lot!
@blackphantom Thanks for all the feedback! Its helping me a lot! -
I think its us who should be thanking you blackphantom, great work on twitterstream. If it were not for people like you (those who give their time freely to develop and expand) none of us would be able to expand our sites and add functionality such as yours thus increasing our user base.
On the activity stream it takes the fullname field and not your username as a the link to your profile. This is a problem as not everyone’s username is the same as their “fullname” field.
@everybuddy! I created a Paypal account thats open for donations.
So if you want to support this plugin, please donate
Link to the donation page:
Next update will be here in about 1,5/2 hours.
Also geoffm33 came with a idea, and i would like how much people want it to.
I also want to give a special thanks to geoffm33 for his donation.
‘Adding a “to twitter” checkbox on the new topic page of the forums, so when you create a topic a new tweet is created with the topic title + backlink.’
Like to hear some feedback Also request are welcome we can alway see what to do and what not to do.
Pls can you add the feature for users on BP to comment on the tweetstream in activity
@Anton, will look into the feature
@bnt76, well here it is!
@Gpo1, i don’t understand, users always can reply on activity items.
* Removed some hard-coded stuff (oops).
* Added option to turn syncing from twitter to activity off.
* Added option to remove profile link behind tweet.
* Added admin option to remove “Want to twitter…” message.
* Fixed user profile link on tweet messages.
* Added seperated js and css file.
* Improvement off looks.
Donations are always welcome!
Thanks, blackphantom. With the new version Twitter to BP works OK. Now is BP to Twitter the problem, but I’ll wait a while and tell you. Twitter permissions are OK.
@mmeida, strange working just fine over here… try to save the user settings again, maybe it helps.
Something must be wrong in my installation o perhaps a plugins conflict. BP>Twitter OK / Twitter>BP wrong. Saved settings an authorize again, but nothing changes
@mmeida, wich version op bp and wp or wpmu are you using?
maybe they are not waiting, doesn’t it take an hour for tweets from twitter to reach BP?
I think i have similar problems – but at First it was working…
Well not really it can be done live but the problem is that there is a rate limit… and we don’t want any catfight with twitter.
but it checks the hour format example: last update whas at 22pm and time is 23pm then update. etc…
hmm strange bud glad to here that its working now
Will see if i can speed up the import.
Will filter out the @ to and from twitter but not the whole mention because then you can get really weird tweets.
Another cool thing is that on creation of a forum topic it can be tweeted to with a nice tinyurl backlink!
Will be there in the next release.
also fixed the security leak. Its now not possible anymore to change the url and access another user settings.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.