Unable to post on my website in forum discussion
BPDEV Core 0.3
WPMU bbPress Integration 1.0
BBPRESS BuddyPress Support Plugin v1.0-RC1
Well, I am about to throw my arms up, I am now so baffled and confused.
I had all the group forum discussions working great and then suddenly, it just stopped working after I updated to BBPRESS 1.0.1.
Basically, I have followed all the directions about trying to get the forum discussions to work in groups, and I had it working, and was able to previously post before. But, when I updated the BBPRESS to 1.0.1, I found that I was unable to make any new posts in the existing forum discussions in any group created, even in new groups created.
So, I decided to start from scratch, New SQL Databases, new usernames, new passwords, the whole 9 yards.
- I installed the WPMU 2.7.1
- I installed the BBPRESS 1.0.1
- Everything works fine at that point.
- I went into the wp_config.php and the bb_config and placed in the following as normal (Keep in mind, that I have now done this 30 times.)
define( ‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.mywebsite.com’ );
define( ‘SITECOOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );
define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );
define( ‘COOKIEHASH’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ );
define( ‘BB_AUTH_KEY’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ );
define( ‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);
define( ‘BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ );
define( ‘BB_NONCE_KEY’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ );
define( ‘WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION’, 1 );
- All of that worked fine, I was able to remain logged in from either WPMU and BBPRESS, so all the settings were correct in those two files.
- Next, I installed the WPMU BBPRESS Integration Plugin, and I set those settings up with:
bbPress URL : http://mywebsite.com/forums/
Your plugins URL : http://mywebsite.com/forums/bb-plugins
WordPress type : WordPress MU
- I then took the manual settings listed on that page and inserted them properly into the wp_config.php and the bb_config.php file.
- Next I installed the BBPRESS – BuddyPress Support Plugin made by Andy Peatling, and I placed that file in the bb-plugins folder, although I have also tested in the bbpress’s my-plugins folder too, but it seems to mostly work in bb-plugins folder. I don’t believe there are any settings that I can see for this plugin.
- In BBPRESS, I go to WordPress Integration:
I set the following settings:
User Role Map
WordPress Administrator – bbpress Keymaster
WordPress Editor – bbpress Moderator
WordPress Author – bbpress Member
WordPress Contributor – bbpress member
WordPress Subscriber – bbpress member
- I save those settings.
- Then I double check my settings listed below to make sure that I have it integrated with my WordPress MU SQL database:
WordPress address (URL) – http://mywebsite.com/
Blog address (URL) – http://mywebsite.com/
Show advanced settings:
- I fill out the information pertains to my first database which was for WordPress MU.
User database host – localhost
User database character set – utf8
- All that seems to work fine, because I am able to login to wordpress mu my website and then go to the forums and it keeps me logged in.
- I set the bbpress permalinks:
- In bbpress I go to the discussion settings:
Enable Pingbacks – Checked
- In bbpress I go to the writing setting:
Remote Publishing – XML-RPC – Checked
- I go to general settings in BBPRESS
bbPress address (URL) – http://mywebsite.com/forums/
Now back at my WPMU section:
- Under Writing settings:
Size of the post box – 40 lines
Formatting – convert smilies – checked
WordPress should correct invalid nested xhtml – checked
Atom Publishing – unchecked
XML-RPC – Checked
- Under discussion settings:
Allow pingbacks – checked
- Under permalinks for WPMU:
Now under Buddy press settings:
- bbPress URL – http://mywebsite.com/forums/
- bbPress username – admin (which is the administrator account for WPMU and bbadmin is the main keymaster account for bbpress.)
- Password – (Admin password for WPMU)
- Cache requests – unchecked
- Buddy Press Components – All Checked
That’s pretty much it. After I create a new main group, it has the option for forum discussion group, and I check the box and it creates it just fine.
But, whenever I go to try and post within that public group and I am obviuosly the main admin of that group, it comes up with an error:
“There was an error posting that topic.”
I have redone this like twice, created new SQL databases, new accounts, everything. I can’t imagine to tell you how many times I have reinstalled the bbpress. It doesn’t matter now which bbpress you have installed, I am still unable to post in the group forum discussions.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do?
I am so confused.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.