When asking for support…
When posting a support issue, please provide the following initial information.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server's log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Update 21st Nov 09: Added question 14 (DJPaul).
Update 20th Jan 10: Adapted for WP/MU (DJPaul).
Updated 5 Jul 10: Expanded plugin use question (jeffsayre).
Updated 18 Jul 10: Added question about server OS (DJPaul)
Updated 24 Jul 11: Updated WPMU references (mercime)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.