Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Widget Logic and Conditional Tags in Citizen Kane Theme?

• thealchemist

@thealchemist

Here’s a bit of an oddity. Installed widget logic and using conditional tags to keep the “Members” and “Groups” widgets ONLY on the home page. Normally this is done with either is_home() or is_front_page(). Unfortunately, the widgets won’t appear on the home page with either tag.

I have the “Recent Posts””Categories” and “Archives” widgets removed from the home page to display only on “single” pages. It’s just the “Home” page.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• thealchemist

@thealchemist

Sincee I have a PAGE called “Home” assigned as “Widget Home Page” with ID number … hmmm … I’ll just use is_page(#) DOH! … … … Moments later … that didn’t work either.

thealchemist

@thealchemist

Likewise, if I want to have a widget appear on EVERY page/post EXCEPT “Home” I would normally use !is_home() but because widget logic is having some trouble distinguishing the home page of Citizen Kane I can’t use this option.

thealchemist

@thealchemist

? Anyone? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

This might not apply to you, but If you’re using the BP activity stream as the front page, you’d have to use a BuddyPress-specific function:
    `bp_is_front_page()`

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Thanks @r-a-y

thealchemist

@thealchemist

@r-a-y Thanks for the suggestion. But did not work; and probably because the regular BP Activity Stream is not the home page for this theme.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget Logic and Conditional Tags in Citizen Kane Theme?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar