Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help with group types / categories: how to default to “groups” subnav and disable some subnav items

• Hi all,

I am using the BP Group Types/Categories plugin (which has a lot of promise) and need some help with a few things. If anyone could help me with even one of these, I’d be eternally grateful! I have to apologize as I am a BuddyPress and PHP newbie…

-When you click on a “category group” in the groups listing, it seems as though it would be most useful for BuddyPress to display the “Groups” subnav right away, so the user could click to one of the subgroups without being distracted by the activity wall, etc. Is there any way to do that?

-It would also be helpful if I could remove some of the extra subnavs from the category groups – specifically the subnav for the Group Documents plugin and the subnav for the Invite Anyone plugin. I’ve had the darndest time trying to do that, though.. I found the following code in bp-grouptypes-classes.php, which I thought would be the place to do this:

` function BP_Group_Categories_UserGroups() {
    global $bp;
    $this->name = ‘Groups’;
    $this->slug = ‘groups’;
    $this->visibilty=’public’;
    $this->enable_edit_item=false;
    $this->enable_create_step = false;
    $this->nav_item_position = 51;
    $this->enable_nav_item = true; // make sure this is a categories group and it has sub categories
    bp_core_remove_subnav_item( $bp->groups->slug, ‘invites’ );
    bp_core_remove_subnav_item( $bp->groups->slug, ‘members’);
    }`

So by default, the Group Types/Categories plugin removes the “Members” subnav from category groups (it tries to remove “Invites” too, but that wasn’t working for me, possibly because I have the Invite Anyone plugin installed). Could anyone tell me what the proper “bp_core_remove_subnav_item” lines would be to remove the subnavs for Group Documents and Invite Anyone? I looked through the plugins’ code to find the slugs, but nothing I tried was working…

-Finally, this might be a longshot, but is there any way to create a new “Groups” listing that only shows category groups?

Many many thanks in advance… Please let me know if there’s any additional info I can provide for you.

@firetag I’m mentioning you here in case you would be able to help. It doesn’t seem like you’re working on this plugin anymore, but I figured it couldn’t hurt…

• The topic ‘Help with group types / categories: how to default to “groups” subnav and disable some subnav items’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar