Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is it possible to add tags to the Activity Stream post?

• ibrooklynite
    Participant

@ibrooklynite

Like in the WP-P2 theme I want to add tags to Activity Stream entries. Is there a way to do this?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Was just about to post the same thing. Is this possible?

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Search on here and google “buddypress activity stream meta”

It’d possible but you’d need to create your own method to display activity from a certain tag

Thanks. Wasn’t BP basically an offshoot from P2? Would there be a way to just incorporate the P2 method of displaying the tag activity? Sure, tags sort of take away from the “status update” concept that we know of from other large social networking sites, but it would really take Buddypress to another level by having that feature available.

No, BuddyPress had/has nothing to do with P2.

Ah, many of the interwebs are vastly misinformed then. Seen that claim several time. Anyway, need tags in status update.

By having tags and using BuddyPress groups, couldn’t that essentially eliminate the need for a forum?

This should do what you want: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-activity-stream-hashtags/

I have loaded it, and it’s really nice, however, i’d prefer to add tags to an activity, rather than hashtag linking, (because I’m using the BP Bookmarklet), but until i can code, beggars can’t be choosers, and it’s a great plugin, so….

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to add tags to the Activity Stream post?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar