Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is there a sure fire way of Logging Out

• Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

I’ve moved the Logout <li><a class=&quot;logout&quot; href=&quot;"></a></li> into a different spot(s) in the template for instance in the header, or the nav bar, in a dropdown. And sometimes I get logged out and autorefreshed to the page I was on with no problem and sometimes I get a WP prompt saying do your really want to logout. Then I proceed to logout and I get taken back to a page but it still appears as though I’m logged in but I’m not. I have to refresh the page.

Is there a better solution out there for logging out and remaining on the current page but as logged out?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

I don’t think that would be possible, but, there is always a plugin for everything.

To achieve what you are talking about, it would require ajax to load 3 pages without re-loading the page? Yeah, the wordpress logout requires the standard wp-login.php?action=logout action, to dump that into an ajax js would be pretty difficult.

You can see what I am talking about, if you go to your site, and click the “Log Out”, the wp-login.php?action=logout will appear, than redirect to the homepage.

But it would be still worth checking around! :)

P.S, if there is a plugin that does this, I would expect it to conflict with alot of other plugins.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

@gunju2221 thanks for the response. I almost forgot I do have a plugin in place that is supposed to handle logout redirects, when the logout works I do get taken to the homepage. But like I said, sometimes it is the case where it still appears as though I’m logged in because I can see my avatar and username.

I just wish I could find something that just logged in and logged out with ease!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a sure fire way of Logging Out’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar