Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New user is listed fifteen times in Member Directory

• dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

I checked under ‘users’ and the person only shows once. Is making the “member directory’ unusable. Is this a bug? Help!

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Hugo Ashmore
    Keymaster

@hnla

Very little information to go on, no bugs as far as I’m aware but then what version of anything are you running?

Standard response here is all that can be given at this stage. Please disable all third party plugins leaving BP only and revert to bp-default theme if using a custom theme, and then check if issue still appears.

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

I followed your instructions. I have the latest downloads of Buddypress, WordPress, and BBpress. I am using the Salutation Theme. I inactivated all plugins with the exception of the Buddypress and used the default theme. The multiple users still show in the member directory, but only one user is registered.

Hope this is enough information this time.

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

I gave up on this issue and deleted the user. Now, when I go to the member directory, which lists two pages of members, it will not bring up the second page of members at all.

Should I re-install buddypress? Someone please help – this is an active site. If there are any buddypress consultants who would like some work, please contact me.

It’s hard to say what the issue is here or whether a re-install of BP would effect any change – I wouldn’t have thought so but then probably wouldn’t hurt to?.

What’s the site address?

You may well need to employ someone for a couple of hours to track down this issue.

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

The site address is atlantagardeningforum.com. I have an additional problem now, in that when I try to create a new group it creates multiple groups – then when I try to delete the groups, they won’t delete.

The problem seems similar.

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

PS I would be DELIGHTED to employ someone to fix it.

And your sure that you get these issues with all plugins disabled and running just the default BP theme if this is the case then you definitelt seem to have something very odd happening also you server doesn’t appear to want to serve pages up it’s just hanging on the requests. Who put this iste together for you? If you had a developer set the site and server up you may need to talk to them about the issues.

Out of interest was WP installed via one of those one click fantastico script installers as they often seem to cause problems with broken installs.

The problem with asking a developer to take a look is that it will be an unknown quantity in terms of time required to find the issue, might take half an hour, might take 3 or 4 hours and could start to get costly.

I might be inclined to to try a re-install of BP just in case the issues do lie with it’s installation, the more that’s ruled out the less time a dev will have to spend on it.

@dianeinatlanta What’s the status of this issue?

shanebp

@shanebp

She created trac ticket 4093

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

I set the site up, so if there’s something wrong, I’ll need to fix it. What is your recommendation for reinstalling wordpress? I’ll reinstall both. I used my site’s file manager in the control panel to do so last time. I’ll also ask my isp why the pages are hanging up.

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

Ok, I deactivated all plug ins, changed to BP-default theme – still has multiple users listed for latest two members. I can’t seem to find anyone in Atlanta who works with Buddypress. Any suggestions on where to find a consultant?

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

Third time for deactivating, reactivating. Just deleted and reinstalled Buddypress. Seems as though this is a database issue?

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

FYI – see message from my isp:

We’ve created a user (support74, you can delete it if you like) and were able to reproduce the issue. The user is repeated three times on http://atlantagardeningforum.com/members/.

We’ve looked into the database and found multiple entries for the users, but none that would explain why a link to this member is repeated three times.

I’m sorry but we cannot determine what is causing this needless repetition. We suggest you contact the vendor for BuddyPress about this matter and possible solutions.

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

The user suppport74 continued to be replicated on the member directory page. Another new member is now showing seven times. This is rendering my Buddypress installation useless. If I can’t fix it soon I will lose my budding membership database. The only areas of buddypress affected are members and groups. Groups won’t delete an entry. Members are entered multiple times.

Have you any plugins running – not necessarily BP but WordPress specific- that may be interfering with signups?

If you are are running your site with all non-essential (WP or BP) plugins disabled and have changed from your custom child theme to the bundled bp-default theme and you are using latest version of stable BP release and the issue persists and also is evident on creation of new members under these absolute default conditions, then it’s sounding like you have a corrupted DB and fixing that may not be straightforward.

However it is essential to absolutely ensure that NO plugins are running other than BP for testing purposes and that we are running bp-default – apologies for labouring this point – when I visit the site url I do always see your custom theme, can we see just the bp theme running for the moment?

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

I didn’t know it had to be running for any length of time under Bp default. It really messes up the menu and layout. I assumed it was sufficient to check the display under those conditions. Give me a time when you are going to be checking it

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

All plugs are inactivated and the default theme is in place. The member directory still shows multiple entries for the last few persons who joined. One of the joiners was from my isp. He saw his name listed eight times but by the next day he was only listed once! Now I have deleted him.

Ok so it looks like it isn’t a theme issue then although I do still see a BP plugin running? ‘bp-groups’?
    If that is still running please deactivate it and test again.

If issue is still evident – as I think it will be – and you want me to have a look then contact me on the email addie I left on the ticket and we can discuss.

Hi Hugo, Hi Diane,
    I have the same issue : Last member is listed 7 times. And when inside a group I list members for administration (admin option/manage members) I see one members 2 times, another one 3 times.

I have tested without plugins and with default theme -> Same

I checked inside database :
    – wp-users has unique members
    – wp_bp_user_blogs idem

One particular thing : i changed the name of the first field in the Extended Profile Fields – was “name” I put “societe” then cam back to name, because notice of some strange things (value of this field wasn’t kept, and show some other value appears) – There is a ticket on this, I think.

If you found how to manage this issue, I am very interested since I am stuck and getting some delay in opening hte web site :-(
    Thanks

I have the same problem. http://tenders.abc2bee.co.za/members/

Folks it’s very bad forum nettiquette to post in existing threads with ones own issues as things rapidly become confusing trying to respond to multiple questions in that same thread – even if original question ‘appears’ closely relate to ones own.

You need to create a new topics please.

Have you read and followed the advice / instructions in this thread?

Disabled all plugins? All the same instruction applies please follow those before posting so we know if those aspects have been ruled out.

When you have done that and issue continues please create a new thread and mention first that you have disabled all plugins and reverted to default theme to test and issue persists.

Also if you are running any caching plugins please disable those first before any other tests and see if that clears things up.

Closing this thread as it’s run it’s course.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘New user is listed fifteen times in Member Directory’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar