Re: Announcement: BuddyPress RC-1
I should also note a few things here for people to be aware of when upgrading:
– If you upgrade from a previous version and are using your own custom theme, you will need to copy over the functions.php from the latest buddypress-home theme.
– Nonce security has been added. This means input forms now have hidden “_wpnonce” fields that ensure that the user has intent when submitting information. You will need to add these fields to the forms if you are using a custom theme. You can see where to add them by looking here. Look for <?php wp_nonce_field( … ) ?>
– You may find some activity stream items around blog posts will take some time to re-cache and update properly. Give it a few days.
– If you get a white screen. Check your logs, this will tell you the error. More often than not, it’s because you haven’t updated the functions.php file in your theme.
– “News” in the home theme has changed to “Blog”. Update your permalinks if necessary.