Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[Resolved] 404 Errors viewing Support forums after login

• fordp
    Participant

@fordp

When I login at BuddyPress.org and try to view the support forums, I get a 404 error. I have to login at WordPress.org and BBPRess.org to view the support forums here without a 404 error?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Misko Stanisic
    Participant

@miskostanisic

I had a problem for over a week to login to BP forum (!!!??). Please check the post on the WP support forum about it.

The problem was (is?):
    If I’m NOT logged in, I can open the Buddypress forum and find and read my topic.
    Of course, I can’t post on the forum if I’m not logged in. So when I log in, and click on “Support” in order to open the forum I got “Error 404 – Destination Not Found” (Buddypress.org page with menus and all other elements but in the middle it says: “Error 404 – Destination Not Found”).

If I go under my account settings, I can see my topic under “my activities” > “my mentions”, but when I click on the link I got “Error 404 – Destination Not Found”.

I emptied all cache and cookies and I tried from different browsers, machines, networks, I even created and tested with new user account, but it is always the same. I have NO CLUE what to do!

Today somebody suggested that he had the same problem, and the solution was to click on all the menu items ones first before clicking on the forum (??). So I did, and it worked (??????) – I could finally open the forum.

Please guys, what is it? If I’m to use BP I want to be sure that I can use the forum, and that this whole thing is working.

Thank you in advance!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Sounds like your role wasn’t being automatically set correctly here on buddypress.org. Both of your accounts are set correctly now, and I didn’t make any changes. This isn’t cookie or cache related, it’s bbPress (what powers our forums) not behaving the way it’s supposed to.

It’s not the first time I’ve heard of this, but it’s something I haven’t been able to duplicate with new accounts. If anyone else has this problem, and reads this, drop into #buddypress on Freenode/IRC, and ping user ‘jjj’ so I can look at your account in real time when it’s happening.

fordp
    Participant

@fordp

I created another test account on WordPress.org to test earlier (to see if I had been banned/blacklisted over here for some odd reason). Anyways, the test account is: DCraft11

I just tested the account and it is still having the issue. Tested in Chrome, FireFox, and IE. I’m logging in using the admin bar at the top, hovering over “Anonymous”, selecting login, and using the dedicated login screen.

Misko Stanisic
    Participant

@miskostanisic

@JJJ , please look at this post, could these two problems be connected somehow?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@fordp The @DCraft11 account looks like it has all the proper capabilities. Are you able to log into Freenode server in IRC and join #buddypress-dev to privately message more information back and forth?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Howdy y’all. This was a small bug introduced in BuddyPress 1.5, that is now fixed in trunk, and will come as part of 1.7. I’ll cross-post this to bbpress.org, since I know users there are having these issues also.

mischiefwizard
    Participant

@mischiefwizard

thank you! Now I can post – that was driving me a little nuts 🙂

Liberty08
    Participant

@liberty08

Hello,

I am new to BuddyPress and currently having this issue on my website. I understand that it will be fixed in the next version, but how can I fix it right now so my members will not have this issue? I’m not sure I understand what Trunk is. Hopefully someone can help!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 404 Errors viewing Support forums after login’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar