activating Achievements breaks wp-admin
hoping for help from @djpaul on this one…
basically, we were using an older version of Achievements (not that old, unfortunately I’m not sure exactly which version but it was fairly recent — originally installed around august/september). a co-worker noticed that the achievements widgets weren’t working, so he decided to try updating the Achievements plugin to the latest version. The update was successful, but on activation, we lose access to wp-admin.
I can verify that Achievements is causing this problem, because if I remove the achievements folder from wp-content/plugins, we are again able to access the wp-admin dashboard.
We also tried removing the achievements/ folder and installing a new copy of the plugin, with the same result (unable to access wp-admin dashboard after activation)
Thanks for any help you can lend!
mandatory questionnaire answers:
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
achievements was working with WP/BP before upgrading achievements plugin
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgrade from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
yes, many. Full list below.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
theme: DynamiX, added a few templates
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
just this: remove_action(‘wp_footer’,’bp_core_admin_bar’,;
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
not running bbPress
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
checked apache error_log and access_log, but there were no errors! this strikes me as weird. PHP threw no errors either, except the “white screen of death” — no output. Please suggest how I might get more information about this error.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Linux: Ubuntu 10.04 lucid
Full list of plugins/versions:
`µAudio Player Version 0.6.2
Activate Update Services Version 1.0.1
Akismet Version 2.5.3
All in One SEO Pack Version 220.127.116.11
Audio player Version 18.104.22.168
Automatic Backlink Creator Version 22.214.171.124
Contact Form 7 Version 2.4.5
Contact Form Plugin Version 2.06
Dynamic Widgets Version 1.4.0
FPW Category Thumbnails Version 1.3.3
Google XML Sitemaps Version 4.0beta7
ILWP Simple Link Cloaker Version 1.4
Inline Posts Version 2.1.2.g
JW Player Plugin for WordPress Version 1.3.2
No Comments On Pages Version 1.0.2
OptinPop Advanced Version 4.1
PopUp Domination Version 2.0
Redirection Version 2.2.3
Remove BuddyPress Admin Bar Version 1.4
Thumbnail For Excerpts Version 2.1
Twitter Follow Me Box Version 1.4
Video Sidebar Widgets Version 4.1
Video widget Version 1.2.3
WordPress Google +1 Button – Advanced Plugin, Includes Redirection Version 1.8.2
WP No External Links Version 3.2
WP Syndicator Version 1.7.2 `
- The topic ‘activating Achievements breaks wp-admin’ is closed to new replies.