bp-messages Compose Message autocomplete issue
I have an Issue with the Autocomplete Function of bp-messages:
The AJAX Function always puts in rows with crap content into the autocomplete list, when it doesn’t find real users:
– As 10 is the Max Number of Users showd it always generates 10 Rows
– If it finds Users, it fills the first rows with the users
– the rest is filled with the first rows of the html body! why this?!
the generated Autocomplete div looks like this (with one actual found member):
<div style="display: block; position: absolute; width: 275px; top: 519.8px; left: 225.5px;" class="ac_results">
<ul style="max-height: 250px; overflow: auto;">
<li class="ac_event"><img width="15" height="15" class="avatar user-4-avatar" alt="Avatar Bild" src="http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/2d4295744122a2d5c31fde29b569409a?d=http://www.entrepreneurship.de/campus/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/images/mystery-man.jpg&s=15"> <strong>Ch</strong>ristian Fenner (<strong>ch</strong>ristianfenner)</li>
<li class="ac_odd ac_over"></li>
<li class="ac_event"><meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"></li>
<li class="ac_odd"><title>Entrepreneurship Campus | Administrator | Messages</title></li>
<li class="ac_event"><meta content="WordPress 3.0.1" name="generator"> <!– leave this for stats –></li>
<li class="ac_odd"><link media="screen" type="text/css" href="http://www.entrepreneurship.de/campus/wp-content/themes/campus/style.css" rel="stylesheet"></li>
<li class="ac_event"><link campus="" title="Entrepreneurship" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate"></li>
<li class="ac_odd"><link campus="" title="Entrepreneurship" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate"></li>
you can look it yourself at http://www.entrepreneurship.de/campus but the site is in german…
the fun thing is, that, on another install, which is the development state of the website and very similar, but not same, the function works without the mentioned bug.
Main differences of the installs:
– Dev: Multisite WP3.01 Install, the Buddypress is installed in a “user blog”, Live: Single Site WP 3.01 install
– Different Servers / Server Configurations
Installation Details of the Systems:
– WP 3.01, BP 1.2.6
– Buddypress childtheme with almost all template files changed because of theme translation (but the theme is the same on both installs and also i tried to use standard theme which didn’t help)
– Several Plug-Ins installed (But I deactivated all Plug Ins which didn’t solve the problem)
I already tried to see myself through tje ajax functions of the autocomplete but i didn’t find anything that gave me a hint how to solve the problem…
would be great if you came up with an idea how to solve this problem. if you need more information about the installation details, tell me!
- The topic ‘bp-messages Compose Message autocomplete issue’ is closed to new replies.