BuddyPress 1.7 Beta 2
BP 1.7 Beta 2 has just been posted up; what are you waiting for?! Check it out:
Just when I thought the day could not get any better! Thanks @djpaul and the rest of the team!
Hi Paul, Do I need to uninstall BP Ver 1.7 Beta 1 before installing Beta 2?
@awmeneca Yes, you will have to uninstall BP 1.7b1 before installing BP 1.7b2.
Fantastic work, sterling effort all round. Thank you!
This is to inform you that BP labs is not working with latest buddypress 1.7 beta2.
Having said that I tried BP labs for the first time as I got to know about this today only.
It’s a great experience to test buddypress 1.7 beta2, while the buddypress seamlessly integrate to any given wordpress theme but is not compatible with theme templates other than default template (wordpress default template).
It would be great if one can use all the templates in the theme.
Also provide me a link where I can submit plugins which are not compatible with 1.7 beta 2.
Please disregard my post related to bplabs plugins,couple of other plugins were culprit.
any update on when this will be released? I am getting ready to launch a new BP community but if I should not go wtih group forums, that would be helpful to know right now. If I can go straight to using bbpress in 1.7 it would be an easier launch. Thanks
@lorimercer you can set up group forums using bbPress plugin https://codex.buddypress.org/user/setting-up-a-new-installation/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/
@mercime I have BP 1.6.4 installed and it says bbPress is configured. I have group level forums setup right now. so would I install bbpress as a stand alone additionally? I’m just not understanding how group forums go away and bbPress is integrated in 1.7, etc.
This is a crucial time for me since I’m not launched, I have a chance to make a couple changes to be better prepared for 1.7
I found this bug isn’t done in BuddyPress 1.7 Beta2 version. It should be open and fix again.
I am experiencing some weird wonky issue with the bp-default theme background – https://buddypress.org/support/topic/whats-happened-to-my-bp-default-background-here/
Any help please?
I know I shouldn’t be telling you guys what to do, BUT something I think we can all appreciate is the ability to set a password for Budypress Groups in order to join, so the group admin doesn’t need to accept every time or send out a request every time, they also could keep it in the directory too. This would greatly help many, that way a teacher could just give there sometimes around 300 students the password and thats it. Maybe even a signup code? That way when they sign up for the site they are automatically added to the teachers group. If you can’t do the signup code, at least do the group password, please. Thanks – Brashell
Ive been playing with Beta 2 and various themes, both Buddy Press compliant and not, and am seeing several issues.
1. WPMUDev compliant BP themes have the double post in Groups issue and are also showing double occurrence of the group Avatar on the activity line. It would be ironic if BP 1.7 final worked with any theme but those specially crafted for BP
2. almost all non BuddyPress themes are mostly OK, but they wont show the top of sidebar logged in user avatar or login / create account thing (is this a widget? It should be! One settable to not offer account creation if not logged in)
3. Although I have the all users can create groups box ticked, only Editors and above can create groups. This last issue persists when I switch to the BP default theme.
I have a swag of other plugins, but these problems seemed to persist when I deactivated most of these.
As I need to get on with this task I will need to revert to 1.6. I will take a backup.
Keep plugging away, this will be great when completed
1.I don’t understand how to recreate this issue. Please explain more details,
2. This isn’t a widget.
3. I have tested and I can create a group as a Contributor, so problem must be somewhere else (another plugin?).
Hi @djpaul. Thanks for responding. Agree that 3 could be another plugin (or two).
Re 1 & 2. I have retested usuing three Themes:
1. BP Default, all OK, Posts to group wall only appear once, no double occurrence of group avatar, and no double appearance of some buttons (ie, leave group)
2. Mantra Theme, all OK here also EXCEPT that the BP Active user or login element (agree, not widget) doesn’t show, anywhere ? and
3. WPMU BP enabled Themes, any group where I enter new post update, has that update appear twice (two separate entries), and the group icon shows twice on the post update header line. Leave Group and other adjacent buttons also appear twice.
Uploading screenshots seems an issue for me, so I have created a post on the site you can look at. http://www.u3asite.com/demo/site-development/bp-theme-issues-in-1-7-beta-2/
Please note that, whatever the issues I have with my multiple plugins , the only changes between these screenshots was to change theme.
Happy to provide you admin access if you message me where.
Hope this is of use to you, love your work
> WPMU BP enabled Themes
I’m testing WangGuard for BP 1.7, but I have a big problem.
`bp_signup_validate` don’t work… any clue?
- The topic ‘BuddyPress 1.7 Beta 2’ is closed to new replies.