Failed to load resource: jquery.Jcrop.js
wordpress 3.1 (single site)
I have 2 version of BP installed. one on my local machine where the address is something like : http://localhost:8080/site. The avatar uploads work perfectly on that installation.
However, on my second installation i have a problem setting up avatars: the url is something like: http://site.domain.com/. I hope this information can help;
1. I checked the avatar folder and noticed that the images are successfully uploaded. So we’re not looking @ a permissions problem here.
2. The browser (google chrome). after loading the page for a very long time (well over 2 minutes for a 70kb image),I see two images. the full image (uncropped) and a thumbnail, however there’s no functionality to crop. and the full image is displayed with its original dimensions (width X height) andits not contained in that fancy cropping box. I also see the the “crop avatar” button.
3. If I click on the ‘crop’ button, then the new avatar becomes set according to what that thumbnail looked like. So there’s no problem cropping the image. There seems to be a problem loading the functionality to adjust and resize the cropping.
4. So, I inspected the site a little further and chrome gave me this error: Failed to load resource: jquery.Jcrop.js
I’d like to specifically point out that the only configuration different between my two installations is that the one that is not working nicely is accessible through a sub-domain, whereas the one that is working is accessible through a sub-directory.
I’m tempted to guess that there’s a problem somewhere in retrieving the url / path of the avatar I just uploaded and that causes jquery.jcrop.js not to be loaded.
I’m going to do some more sniffing. If I get a solution, i’ll post it. If you find a solution please post back
Thank you in advance
- The topic ‘Failed to load resource: jquery.Jcrop.js’ is closed to new replies.