Issues with New Member Activation Code
BP accepts a new member’s registration just fine. An activation link is emailed out. The new member clicks the activation link, and they land on a page that says they’re able to now log in. Then when the member attempts to log in, they’re required to enter an “activation code”.
Where does this activation code come from? I don’t see it anywhere, and I’d prefer to just have new members click an activation link and be good to go. Can’t we just skip this activation code business?
In any case, please let me know how I can get this registration process running smoothly.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 3.3.2
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? Directory.
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? Subdirectory.
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? No upgrades yet…this is a brand new install.
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. N/A…this is a brand new install and BP was installed along with everything else all at the same time.
6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.5.6
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? No upgrades.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? Advanced Access Manager, AG Custom Admin, BP Xtra Signup, BuddyPress, BuddyPress Activity Plus, BuddyPress Moderation, Contact Form 7, Cookies for Comments, Disable WordPress Updates, Envolve Chat, Genesis Connect, Genesis Favicon Uploader, Genesis Simple Edits, Genesis Simple Hooks, Genesis Simple Sidebars, Google XML Sitemaps, JW Player Plugin for WordPress, Login Lockdown, Mail From, MaxBlogPress Ping Optimizer, Revision Control, Secure WordPress, SEO Friendly Images, W3 Total Cache, WordPress Importer, WP-DB Manager, WPTouch. Importantly, while I’m currently running all these, I’ve disabled all plugins but BP and Genesis Connect for testing purposes, and the registration issues remain.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? I’m running Amped child theme from StudioPress and Genesis Connect for theme compatibility.
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? No.
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No.
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? I used the BP wizard to install bbPress.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. No PHP errors on this site to report.
14. Which company provides your hosting? Bluehost
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Apache 2.2.22
- The topic ‘Issues with New Member Activation Code’ is closed to new replies.